The Leprosy and Tuberculosis Relief (LTR) Initiative Nigeria formerly NLR Nigeria is a non-governmental organization which has been working with Nigeria Government in promoting and supporting directly and indirectly the total eradication of Leprosy and Tuberculosis as well as their consequences in Nigeria.
LTR is currently recruiting to fill the position of a Monitoring and Evaluation Officer with the location being in Jos, Plateau State.
The Monitoring and Evaluation (M&E) Officer’s primary responsibilities include:
- Responsible for the development of M&E Plan for projects, including indicator selection, target setting, reporting, database management, and developing M&E and/ performance monitoring plans.
- Lead role in overseeing data collection, collation, storage, analysis, and reporting, ensuring that data is of high quality and audit worthy.
- Responsible for supporting the preparation and review of program reports in collaboration with program staff.
- Manage research activities and ensure outcomes and lessons learned are integrated into the project and shared with relevant stakeholders.
- Provide training and mentoring to partners and staff to ensure the implementation of strong M&E systems.
- Suggest strategies to the Project Management for improving the efficiency and effectiveness of projects by identifying bottlenecks in completing project activities and developing plans to minimize or eliminate such bottlenecks.
- Report monthly, quarterly, half-yearly and annual progress on all project activities.
- Perform other duties as required.
- Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in statistics, demographics, public policy, international development, economics, public health or related field. Master’s degree or Bachelor’s plus an advanced certificate in M&E preferred.
- Minimum of three years of professional experience in M&E position responsible for implementing M&E activities in public health projects.
- Experience in designing tools and strategies for data collection, analysis and production of reports.
- Experience in digital/mobile data collection tools.
- Proven ICT skills, especially in the development of MIS software using database software
- Expertise in analyzing data using statistical software such as MS Excel, Stata and SPSS for project implementation.
- Strong training & facilitation skills.
- Experience in strategic planning and performance measurement, including indicator selection, target setting, reporting, database management, and developing M&E and/ performance monitoring plans.
- Knowledge of the major evaluation methodologies (e.g., qualitative, quantitative, mixed method, and impact) and data collection and analysis methodologies.
- Proven success in designing, implementing and operating project M&E systems from project initiation to closeout stages.
– Demonstrates integrity by modelling the LTR’s values and ethical standards.
– Promotes the vision, mission, and strategic goals of LTR.
– In-depth knowledge on MIS, M&E and development issues.
– Excellent knowledge of monitoring and evaluation methodologies.
– Organises and accurately completes multiple tasks by establishing priorities while taking into consideration special assignments, frequent interruptions, deadlines, available resources and multiple reporting relationships.
– Plans, coordinates and organises workload while remaining aware of changing priorities and competing deadlines.
– Establishes, builds and maintains effective working relationships with staff and partners to facilitate the provision of support.
– Focuses on result for LTR.
– Consistently approaches work with energy and a positive, constructive attitude.
– Demonstrates strong oral and written communication skills.
– Remains calm, in control and good humored even under pressure.
– Demonstrates openness to change and ability to manage complexities.
Application Closing Date
3rd August, 2022
How to Apply
All interested and qualified candidates should submit their Application with a Cover Letter not more than one page via email to: firstname.lastname@example.org on or before the closing date. Any application after the closing date will not be considered.