New Incentives is a pioneer in a growing movement of giving small incentives to caregivers whose infants get immunized, while increasing awareness of the health benefits of childhood vaccinations.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Monitoring and Evaluation Manager (M & E)
Location: Adamawa / Taraba / Gombe / Kaduna (Remote)
Employment Type: Full-Time
- New Incentives implements the All Babies program, which incentivizes caregivers of infants to complete Nigeria’s schedule of routine, potentially life-saving childhood immunizations by providing a small cash transfer after each vaccine is administered. New Incentives currently operates in North West Nigeria, where childhood immunization rates are extremely low. A randomized controlled trial (RCT) found strong evidence that the All Babies program significantly increases vaccination rates.
- We are seeking growth-oriented individuals who can support our monitoring and evaluation (M&E) function through our next phase of growth. Currently, our organization is looking to improve its high-quality M&E as we recently completed an RCT and are aiming to develop strong ongoing impact monitoring.
Our M&E goals include:
- Reviewing program monitoring data and its sources to make operations recommendations,
- Making evidence-based program design decisions,
- Sharing research results and engaging with audiences about the impact of these results while effectively, addressing any potential concerns,
- Strengthening our M&E-related stakeholder relationships and
- Assisting in setting our M&E agenda.
Summary of Responsibilities:
- Under the direct supervision of the Operations Coordinator, the M&E Manager will be responsible for analysing statistical data from health facilities in the north western region where the All Babies program operates, and generating weekly, monthly, quarterly and as needed statistical reports for program follow up and monitoring purposes.
- The M&E Manager is expected to take part directly in the M&E activities to ensure the delivery of high quality services.
- The M&E Manager is expected to update New Incentives’ comprehensive data tool or reports regularly and/or as needed and suggest changes where needed.
- The M&E Manager will be expected to supervise and guide a team of enumerators as they conduct surveys.
Monitoring of the ongoing impact:
- Collaborate with research partners to ensure the development of ongoing impact monitoring.
- Review data to identify gaps in data collection and influence program priorities.
- Review records for completeness, accuracy, and compliance with regulations and safeguard the data for quality control improvement efforts.
- Conduct regular visits to health facilities to identify gaps in timeliness and quality of data reporting and work with relevant staff to address the gaps.
Monitoring of program data:
- Maintain and improve New Incentives’ monitoring and evaluation framework through monitoring of internal data to highlight areas requiring strengthening and/or recommendations.
- Review sources of internal data (e.g. forms filled out by members of our Field Operations team), establish and execute internal data verification procedures, run quality checks, develop data verification training, streamline survey questions, and identify opportunities to improve ongoing surveys to achieve streamlined program operations.
- Analyze infant enrollments in the program (i.e. expected vs actual enrollments, catch-up, out-of-catchment) and assess against LGA-level population estimates.
- Conduct data validity and accuracy audits to ensure data quality.
- Carry out quarterly data audits to ensure the accuracy and consistency of data in the health facility registers in correlation with New Incentives’-reported data.
Supporting and contributing to data-driven decision-making:
- Improve New Incentives’ ability to make well-informed, data-driven decisions about program direction and expansion.
- Identify avenues to leverage the program delivery platform to increase impact and cost-effectiveness over time.
- Provide refresher training to New Incentives’ staff and health staff related to data management.
- Attend Health Management Information System (HIMS), SERICC, Health Partners, SPHCDA meetings and provide feedback to staff on ways to improve data quality.
- With the support of the Operations Coordinator, organize quarterly data review meetings to monitor program performance.
- Carry out any other activities deemed appropriate by the supervisor.
Supervision of Enumerators:
- Supervise a team of enumerators that will conduct surveys in rural areas.
- Confirm all data reported and ensure they are complying with the organization rules and code of conduct.
Reporting and Coordination:
- Represent New Incentives’ in Health management information system (HIMS), SERICC, Health Partners, SPHCDA, and other related meetings.
- Prepare and submit monthly reports and updates as required for stakeholders.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science or equivalent with at least 5 years of relevant experience in a similar role
- Background in health
- Skills in DHIS, HMIS, and data management
- At least 2 years experience in health data collection/management and all statistical forms
- Data analysis and report writing skills
- Health information system knowledge and skills
- Experience in conducting qualitative and quantitative surveys
- Computer literacy with working knowledge of Microsoft Office (Excel), MIS, HIS, SPSS
- Ability to rapidly analyze and integrate diverse information from varied sources
What you can expect from this role:
- An opportunity to work with an innovative team that was recently recognized as one of the most cost-effective charities in the world.
- A job that will directly lead to many lives saved.
- A challenging role where your abilities will lead to material change.
- Working under the direct supervision of the Operations Coordinator.
- An opportunity to work with a highly accountable and passionate team.
- A healthy work-life balance.
- The flexibility of working remotely with opportunities to interact with communities.
- A position with significant growth opportunities.
Application Closing Date
11.59 PM; 31st October, 2022.
- We invite applicants who are highly motivated, smart, and have demonstrated a good fit with the organization’s principles of accountability, diligence, communication, planning, and managing time well.
- In this role, you will receive significant responsibility and will be responsible for delivering consistently.
- This role is only for those who are able to meet the challenges of a quickly growing organization running a pioneering conditional cash transfer program with unique execution. If you succeed in this role, there will be significant opportunities to grow.
- Gender Equality: NI is committed to narrowing the gender gap in leadership positions.
- We offer benefits that provide an enabling environment for women to participate in our workforce including parental leave, gender-sensitive security protocols and other supportive benefits and allowances.
- Please note that this position is targeted to people only residing or willing to relocate to Adamawa, Taraba, Gombe or Kaduna and New Incentives will not cover expenses incurred for relocation.
- NI is an equal opportunity employer.