Monitoring and Evaluation Assistant
Job announcement : Aug 21, 2023
Unpublishing date : 04/09/2023, 21:59:00
Organizational Unit : FLMEX
Position type : Temporary work
Requisition Type: NPP (National Project Personnel)
Grade Level: N/A
Main location : Mexico-Mexico City
Duration: 3 months (with high probability of extension)
Position Number: N/A
FAO strives for gender, geographic and linguistic diversity among its staff and international consultants, in order to best serve the Organization’s Member Nations in all regions.
- FAO is committed to achieving diversity in its workforce in terms of gender, nationality, origin and culture.
- Women, nationals of underrepresented or unrepresented Member States and persons with disabilities who possess the necessary qualifications are encouraged to apply.
- Everyone working for FAO must adhere to the highest standards of integrity and professional conduct and uphold FAO values.
- FAO, as a specialized agency of the United Nations, applies a policy of zero tolerance for conduct incompatible with its statute, objectives and mandate, in particular sexual exploitation and abuse, sexual harassment, abuse of authority and discrimination.
- All successful candidates will undergo rigorous reference and background checks.
- All requests will be treated with the strictest confidentiality.
The project “Implementation and strengthening of the sustainable management of Protected Natural Areas” constitutes the pilot phase of the CONANP-FAO collaboration that seeks to contribute to the strengthening of the system of Protected Natural Areas in Mexico. Through this project, specific strengthening mechanisms will be generated in the management and management of Protected Natural Areas for a greater sustainable use of natural resources, strengthen the institutional relations of CONANP and improve processes that allow a direct influence on the effectiveness indicators of management, along with building connectivity mechanisms, generating strategic alliances and actions to safeguard biodiversity and natural wealth.
- Product 1. Prepared and transferred the proposal to improve the strategic Institutional Capacity (IC) (includes the identification of IC gaps or deficits, areas of opportunity, roadmap and established processes) for the institutional efficiency of the CONANP related to the management of Protected Natural Areas.
- Product 2. Generated and consolidated the instruments and mechanisms for strengthening governance and citizen participation in Protected Natural Areas.
- Product 3. Prepared and implemented the proposal to increase the ecological representativeness and connectivity of the ecosystems under protection: Incorporation of new ANP, strengthening of existing ones and ADVC certification.
- Product 4. Designed, validated and transferred operational processes for the prioritization and efficient, timely and articulated development of strategic projects within the ANP in the territories of project implementation.
Under the supervision of the Assistant Program Representative
Field of specialization
Monitoring and evaluation
Tasks and responsibilities
The Monitoring and Evaluation Assistant will have the following functions:
- In close collaboration with the Monitoring and Evaluation Specialist, establish a project monitoring plan and consulting team approved by the Project Coordinator and the general supervision of FAO Mx.
- In close collaboration with the Monitoring and Evaluation Specialist and with the support of the Information Technology Assistant, design the mechanisms and tools for: a) monitoring the project results matrix and b) monitoring the delivery of products and reports of the consulting staff contracted by the project.
- Implement the mechanism and tools for: a) monitoring the project results matrix and b) monitoring the delivery of products and reports from the consulting staff hired by the project.
- Bimonthly monitor the project product and outcome indicators reflected in the results framework of the project document and issue monthly reports in this regard. Support the baseline feeding and analysis process in each of the project components.
- Monitor and review the delivery of products and reports from the project consulting staff on a monthly basis and issue a monthly report on the matter.
- Collaborate with the Monitoring and Evaluation Specialist for the design and alignment of the products and reports of the consultant staff to the project results matrix, in order to guarantee that said products and reports provide inputs for the construction of the deliverables and indicators of the results matrix.
- Collaborate with the Project Coordinator in adjusting the terms of reference of the project staff (Project Coordination Unit, PCU and Field Technical Unit, UTC).
- Together with the Project Coordinator and the Monitoring and Evaluation Specialist, collaborate in the integration of the mid-term and final reports of the project.
- Provide clear, sufficient and quality information to the Project Coordinator, the Monitoring and Evaluation Specialist, the FAO and CONANP for the integration of reports.
- Collect, analyze and systematize the information necessary for the preparation of monitoring reports, progress in the Results Framework, mid-term evaluation and others required by the Project Coordinator, as well as the integration of the corresponding quality Verification Means.
- Prepare a final report of the consultancy, which contains the identification of lessons learned in the activities carried out and recommendations.
- Other tasks that the Project Coordinator, the Monitoring and Evaluation Specialist, CONANP and FAO require according to their competencies and project needs.
CANDIDATES WILL BE EVALUATED ACCORDING TO THE FOLLOWING CRITERIA:
- University degree, preferably related to environmental sciences.
- At least 2 years of experience in Monitoring and Evaluation of programs/projects, preferably in natural resource management.
- Mexican nationality.
FAO Core Competencies
- Results-based approach
- Building Effective Relationships
- Knowledge sharing and continuous improvement
- Experience in strategic topics such as planning, administration, development of indicators, among others
- Ability to analyze issues related to project monitoring and follow-up.
- Excellent oral and written skills.
- Ability to take initiative and work with minimal supervision.
- Experience in preparing and presenting reports, mainly monitoring.
- Ability to manage and plan tasks.
- Ability to analyze and synthesize information from diverse sources.
- Ability to solve problems and ability to work in a team, good interpersonal relationships and assertive communication skills.
- Excellent computer skills and proficiency in standard applications (MS Word, Excel, PowerPoint, information platforms, video conferencing applications, etc.).
- FAO does not charge fees at any stage of the recruitment process (application, interview, processing).
- Incomplete applications will not be considered. If you need help or have questions, please contact: [email protected]
- Applications received after the application deadline has expired will not be accepted.
- Please be informed that FAO will only consider academic degrees or credentials obtained from an educational institution included in the Global Higher Education Database, which is a list maintained by the International Association of Universities (IAU)/UNESCO. The list can be consulted at: www.whed.net/
- For any other questions visit the FAO employment website: http://www.fao.org/employment/home/es/.
It is noted that all candidates should adhere to the Organization’s values of commitment to FAO, respect for all and integrity and transparency.
SUBMISSION OF APPLICATIONS
- If you would like to apply, go to the FAO recruitment website ( Jobs at FAO) and complete your online profile.
- Incomplete applications will not be considered. Only applications received through the recruitment portal will be considered.
- We advise candidates to apply well in advance of the deadline.
- If you need help, contact: [email protected] .
SMOKING IS PROHIBITED ON FAO PREMISES