Health Initiatives for Safety and Stability in Africa (HIFASS), is a non-profit organization registered in 2007 in Nigeria with a core objective of expanding quality health care and treatment in Africa. Our vision is enhancing healthier and safer communities, while our mission is to collaborate with partners to promote comprehensive and sustainable interventions for public health, support military medicine and health diplomacy for peace, stability and development of communities. Over the years HIFASS has provided manpower and associated support to HJF Medical Research International, Ltd Gte in support of Nigerian Military HIV program across 33 Military Formations.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Medical Officer II
Location: Defence Medical Center – Asokoro, Abuja
Employment Type: Full-time
Reports To: Site Commander
- Under the supervision of the Site Commander and with technical oversight from the Program Staff of the MODHIP / USAMRD-N/A Program, the Medical Officer will provide Clinical and research-medical services, focusing on Clinical Management of HIV/AIDS, TB/HIV, and HIV related research activities including in-patient services in the Medical and Emergency wards of the host hospital.
Essential Job Functions, Duties, and Responsibilities
- Act as the Site Team Leader to provide day-to-day Clinical Management of HIV/ AIDS and TB patients at the facility level guided by strategies and approaches related to the implementation programs.
- Provides technical assistance in HIV/ AIDS and TB clinical management and the Prevention of Maternal to Child Transmission of HIV (PMTCT) capacity building at the facility level.
- Contributes to the development of lessons learned from programs and projects related to clinical management of HIV / AIDS, and the Prevention of Mother to Child Transmission of HIV (PMTCT) and applies these lessons to modify existing programs and improve the design of new programs.
- Ensure regular Clinical review of site performance with the clinical staff and data Officers.
- Review monthly site Adults and Pediatrics Care and treatment, TB/HIV, and PMTCT targets as assigned by MODHIP/USAMRD-N/A.
- Remains informed on current programs in the field of Clinical Management of HIV/AIDS and related development by reviewing current literature, and stays alert to any implication of such experience and research to the project implementation especially the Clinical Management of HIV/AIDS at the facility level.
- Will be involved in the management of in-patients of the Medicine department at the host hospital.
- Acts as a Study Physician and Site Lead on relevant study protocols.
- Performs other prevention, care, and evaluation research duties as assigned.
Minimum Education / Training Requirement:
- University Degree in Medicine (MBBS), Clinical management training, and other relevant training in HIV comprehensive Care and Treatment. A Master’s degree in Public Health will be an added advantage.
Prior Work Experience:
- 3 – 5 years post National youth service experience in clinical care, with experience in HIV/AIDS, TBHIV, and PMTCT care and support for HIV/AIDS at the clinical level. Experience with ARV programs, familiarity with HIV service delivery in military formation and clinical research experience are also required.
Required Licenses, Certification or Registration:
- Registered with the Medical and Dental Council of Nigeria.
Knowledge and Skills:
- Knowledge of health and development programs in developing countries in general and Nigeria specifically.
- Ability to understand the full range of issues around the clinical management of HIV/AIDS, including provision of ART.
- Knowledge of Nigerian clinical settings, including government and non-government settings.
- Sensitivity to cultural differences and understanding of the social, political, and ethical issues surrounding HIV infections.
- Knowledge of Good Clinical Practice (GCP) and Nigerian Clinical Research regulations and ethics.
- Ability to work well with others and to develop and maintain compatibility among project staff, consultants, and recipients of assistance.
- Well-developed written and oral communication skills. Understanding Military health care service delivery will be an added advantage.
Application Closing Date
13th June, 2022.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should send their Cover Letter and CV in one MS Word file to “The Human Resources Manager (HIFASS)” via: [email protected] using the Job Title and Location as the subject of the email.
- Applicants should kindly attach their Academic and Training Certificates that support or address the requirements listed for the position in one PDF format
- Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted for an interview.
- Applications without the attached Academic and Training Certificates will not be treated.
- Candidates must be resident or ready to relocate to Abuja.