Breakthrough ACTION ignites collective action and encourages people to adopt healthier behaviors-from using modern contraceptive methods and sleeping under bed nets to being tested for HIV-by forging, testing, and scaling up new and hybrid approaches to social and behavior change (SBC). Firmly grounded in proven practices, Breakthrough ACTION works in partnership with governments, civil society, and communities around the world to implement creative and sustainable SBC programming, nurture SBC champions, mainstream new techniques and technologies, and advocate strategic and sustained investment in SBC.
- Experience 7 years
- Location Abuja
The Vaccine Acceptance & Demand officer will carry out the following responsibilities:
- Support the design, analysis, triangulation and use COVID-19 polling results and synthesize with other COVID data sources including the weekly social listening, bi-weekly Community Poling, COVID-19 behavior dashboard
- Support the conduct of Data Quality Assessment (DQA) of the telephone polling methodology currently being used and review and adapt telephone polling protocols based on findings of the DQA and capacities.
- Support the regular review and adaptation of polling questions to respond to evolving issues over time, as needed.
- Synthesize and develop data visualizations/dashboards to demonstrate data trends to be provided to NPHCDA and other stakeholders for the purposes of data sharing and use
- Work closely with the NPHCDA to integrate findings from knowledge, attitude and practice (KAP) surveys, focus group discussions and other feedback into the design of demand generation and communication activities and products
- Oversee all aspects of evidence synthesis, monitoring and evaluation work of the demand generation and communication pillar
- Partner with team colleagues at NPHCDA and other agencies on vaccine confidence studies and data collection metrics to guide all ACSM activities
- Support the coordination and implementation of infodemic management of COVID-19 and its vaccines among the government agencies and partners
- Disseminate vaccine confidence survey outcome to the government and partners to guide ACSM
- Expand the NPHCDA social listening and rumour tracking interventions to be sensitive to detect problematic statements and/or conversations that can hamper the program objectives
- Perform any other related incident-specific duties, as required by the functional supervisor
Maters in Public Health with first university degree in social sciences, behavioral sciences, development sciences, communications, from an accredited university.
- Training in public health, health education, health communication, or health promotion.
- At least 7 plus years of related experience, at the national level, in ACSM, health promotion, emergency management, part of which include working around vaccine acceptance and demand.
- Proven experience in providing M and E guidance during implementation of ACSM strategies.
- Excellent knowledge of behavioral change models
- Experienced in conduct of communication research
- Experienced in managing and synthesizing quantitative and qualitative data for behavioral insights
- Working knowledge of the WHO infodemic tools and other social listening tools
- Working knowledge of DHIS2, QGIS, Hootsuit, NVIvo, SPSS, STATA, etc
- Qualitative and quantitative skills for problem solving
- Excellent knowledge of Microsoft Office applications.
- Ability to use open-source data collection applications
- Report writing
- Interpersonal & Communication
- Building and promoting partnerships across the organization and beyond
Working knowledge of English and other major local languages is highly desirable.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should forward their CV to: firstname.lastname@example.org using the position as subject of email.