The Foundation for International Community Assistance (FINCA International) is a non-profit, microfinance organization, founded by John Hatch in 1984. Sometimes referred to as the “World Bank for the Poor” and a “poverty vaccine for the planet”, FINCA is the innovator of the village banking methodology in microcredit and is widely regarded as one of the pioneers of modern day microfinance. With its headquarters in Washington, D.C., FINCA has 21 affiliated host-country institutions (affiliates), in Latin America, the Caribbean, Africa, Eastern Europe, the Caucasus and Central Asia. Along with Grameen Bank and Accion International, FINCA is considered to be one of the most influential microfinance organizations in the world.
Location: Owerri , Imo
About the Job
- Leads all aspects the Bank’s product development process using a customer obsessed, performance based and mission driven marketing and research approach.
- The Marketing Supervisor is responsible for oversight and further development of Marketing department;
- His/her responsibilities ranges from planning, development, and implementation of FINCA Nigeria marketing strategy and communications in line with company strategic objectives in close collaboration with the Management Board. Ultimately, marketing is accountable for product development, customer growth, brand management, research, and communications.
- Additionally, s/he is responsible in assisting FINCA Nigeria in the gathering, organizing and analyzing the quantitative information provided by all the functional areas; in order to evaluate results, compare actual outcomes against plans, establish trends, find correlations, and propose improvements. To achieve the goals the use of mathematical models, process maps, and planning tools will be required.
- This function is a middle management position with direct report to the Head of Marketing or as may be designated.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Lead the overall process to develop new products (Financial and non- financial products)
- Review and evaluate the existing product efficiency in the market situation and make necessary adjustment in order to meet the client’s needs.
- Review and evaluate competitor’s product and microfinance market trends to track progress of product lines.
- Coordinate with other departments to explore new and different business opportunity.
- Design an effective system to ensure the team provides accurate report on existing and new business opportunities
- Introduce new products to the respective managers for implementation
- Launch new products through iterative process of implementation design.
- Develops and maintains systems to collect continuous market intelligence for management decision-making, including social performance research, market research on products, services, and strategies of similar sector companies, FINCA Nigeria image and competitive position in the market, the effectiveness of FINCA Nigeria advertising and promotion activities, and other aspects.
- Develop and manage the marketing strategies, budget and implementation plan in close collaboration with Management.
- Leads the process of developing and documenting comprehensive, multi-year marketing strategies and annual marketingplans in line with customer growth & retention, institutional strategy, which details activities to follow during the fiscal year and which will focus on fulfilling the organization’s objectives to ensure that FINCA Nigeria efficiently and effectively delivers the right message to the desired audiences.
- Develops annual planning and budgeting processes, ensuring that the marketing budget detail is based on current prices for the range of services required.
- Designs, prepares, and ensures placement of advertising and promotion materials, including BTL and ATL in collaboration with the CEO providing critical input to all aspects of the process as needed.
- Acts as the organization’s representative to the media, developing and maintaining relationships with key members of the media as appropriate, under the direction of the CEO.
- Develops relationships with key media, pitches stories, develops creative ideas for media outreach and planning.
- Organizes media appearances, public speaking events, and other opportunities for senior management, to enhance the image of the organization.
- Oversees CSR Projects management.
- Oversees Internal Communication Projects management.
- Oversees Customer Experience initiatives and customer related projects.
- Ensures Distribution of regular press releases containing news updates and information about FINCA(subsidiary name). Ensures the quality and accuracy of press releases with pro-active follow up to secure media coverage;
- Drives continuous improvement of strategic marketing management practices, commensurate with its size and complexity. Provides guidance, advice and leads implementation of strategic institutional initiatives.
- Performs other duties related to the position.
- Assist the CEO in providing measurable variables for all the strategic goals of senior management; and track those variables on a monthly basis.
- Analyze reports received from functional areas, compare actual results versus budget, highlight the main gaps, analyze the possible causes for deviations, and suggest corrective actions.
- Develop a monthly balanced scorecard report that analyzes the factors driving the evolution of the big 5 indicators and establishes correlations between those factors.
- Develop economic and operational models for a variety of processes and projects: define resources, outputs, ratios, and run what if scenarios.
- Draft a variety of documents including: minutes and as required by the CEO.
- Support the CEO in his medium- and long-term planning activities.
- Reports directly to the Chief Executive Officer.
- Periodical reporting
- Plain and well structure Marketing strategy, policies and process maps
- Share experience and knowledge through coaching and developing the team
- High quality and consistent service delivery across the whole marketing team, managing work schedules, reporting and managing change
- Liaise with clients through active campaigns.
- Internal – Management Board, All Departments and employees
- External – Sponsors / Partners / Stakeholders/Government agencies.
Qualifications and Experience
- Bachelor’s Degree or HND preferably in Marketing or its equivalent
- Minimum of 5 years of experience in product development, marketing and research
- Knowledgeable in developing a Marketing and PR function.
- Knowledgeable in developing and implementing successful marketing strategies in a competitive labor market
- Ability to coordinate Marketing and PR campaigns
- Ability to develop systems and policies
- Excellent quantitative and analytical skills
- Strong organizational skills
- Strong creativity acumen
- Ability of learning fast.
- Computer Skills
- Advanced level of computer literacy is a must.
- Good knowledge of research tools and methodologies, including SPSS statistical program.
- Availability to travel upon request.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified? Go to FINCA International on docs.google.com to apply