What can you expect from joining a leading organization in the global movement to advance children’s rights and equality for girls?
We are one of Canada’s Most Admired Cultures and here’s why: together, we have created a climate of trust and inclusivity – where diversity in people, ideas and approaches is not only respected, it’s encouraged. We are empowered to command change and build powerful partnerships, with support from passionate leaders to unleash our full potential and learn, lead, decide and thrive.
Further information can be found at: plancanada.ca
Reporting to the Senior Manager, Grants Finance, the Manager, Grants Finance & Compliance will support a cross-functional project team responsible for quality implementation of complex multi-million-dollar grant-funded international development projects.
This is a key role within the team that provides financial management, oversight and analysis for assigned project portfolios while ensuring compliance to donor requirements enabling achievement of various KPI/targets. The Manager, Grants Finance & Compliance also contributes to proposal development for Plan International Canada’s grants portfolio by linking programmatic planning with cost-effective and accurate budgeting following the program’s log frame for interventions, activities, and program management.
What does success look like?
- Prepare and analyze project implementation plan budgets and annual workplan budgets linked with log frame.
- Design financial report templates and review and validate financial reports with Program Managers, ensuring alignment with narrative reports and variance analysis.
- Maintain oversight of financial health of assigned projects, developing strategies to maximize efficiency and minimize financial and compliance risk.
- Ability to forecast project expenditure for quarterly forecasting process by considering past and present project trajectory.
- Prepare, reconcile, and analyze monthly consolidated reporting with financial inputs from multiple sources and systems.
- Manage the review of donor agreements and contracts with the program team and the communication of donor requirements to the team (in Canada and Country Offices).
- Work closely with Country Offices to oversee the coordination of donor audits, ensuring all project expenditures and contracts are compliant with terms and conditions of donor agreements.
- Develop strong working relationships with Plan International Canada and with Plan International Country Offices, providing training and ongoing support as required.
As our ideal candidate you will have:
- Fluency in oral and written English and Spanish is required
- College or university degree and an accounting professional accreditation are considered an asset (MBA, CA, CGA, CMA, CFA and/or CPA)
- Proven experience in project financial management, managing local implementing partners, including financial reporting and analysis, developing costing models/budgets at the project design stage and risk assessment and mitigation for $5M+ proposals.
- Demonstrated experience working with a wide variety of international development funding agencies, such as The Global Fund, Global Affairs Canada (including International Humanitarian Assistance), multilateral agencies and charitable organizations/foundations.
- Experience in donor financial audits and hands on experience reviewing complex contracts and agreements.
- Demonstrated understanding of the relationship between the programmatic, operational, and financial components of project design.
- Exceptional communication and interpersonal skills with the ability to build productive working relationships within and between departments to produce common deliverables.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite with advanced proficiency in Excel.
- Ability to establish priorities and ensure high quality deliverables in a time-sensitive environment with strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
- A passion for mission driven work and personal values aligned with those of Plan International Canada’s values.
How to apply
To express interest in this exciting opportunity to join a dynamic organization and a high performing team please forward your resume and cover letter to https://career17.sapsf.com/sfcareer/jobreqcareer?jobId=1747&company=planintern or firstname.lastname@example.org by Dec 1, 2023. Please reference Manager, Grants Finance and Compliance in the subject line**.**
Plan International Canada is an inclusive workplace, and is committed to championing accessibility, diversity and equal opportunity. Requests for accommodation can be made at any stage of the recruitment process providing the applicant has met the bona-fide requirements for the open position. Applicants need to make their requirements known when contacted.
Consistent with our Safeguarding Children and Young People Policy, the successful candidate must receive clearance by a police background check, including the vulnerable sector screen.
Applicants must be eligible to work in Canada for the duration of the work term. Proof of eligibility will be required.
Plan International Canada sincerely thanks all applicants for their expressed interest in this opportunity however only those selected for an interview will be contacted. No phone calls please.
Thank you for your interest in a career at Plan International Canada!