Family Health International (FHI 360) is a nonprofit human development organization dedicated to improving lives in lasting ways by advancing integrated, locally driven solutions. Our staff includes experts in health, education, nutrition, environment, economic development, civil society, gender, youth, research and technology – creating a unique mix of capabilities to address today’s interrelated development challenges. FHI 360 serves more than 70 countries and all U.S. states and territories.
We are recruiting to fill the position of:
Job Title: Logistics Manager
Job type: Full time
Reports To: Director
- Manages day to day operations and systems coordination related to the procurement of various supplies and services in support of company programs and projects located domestically and internationally.
- Selects, develops and evaluates personnel to ensure the efficient operation of the function.
- This position will primarily work with members of a newly formed Center for Excellence to support the global rollout and adoption of an ERP application for field procurement of commercial goods and services and consultants for FHI 360 offices around the world.
- The Procurement Specialist will initially be assigned one regional office to support.
Specific Tasks related to Supporting the Center of Excellence (COE)
- Provides input into design and specifications of the Procurement module.
- Serves as the Global Procurement Services (GPS) department representative on the COE.
- Makes recommendations/or implements enhancements to the application and related business process in consultation with GPS management and the FHI 360 Information Solutions and Services (ISS) Department.
- Reporting on COE activities to GPS management.
- Assisting with the creation of documentation related to design, implementation and business practice related to requisitioning commercial goods and services and consultants and updating other related guidance materials to align with the requirements of the application;
- Assisting with development of training materials and delivery of training using a variety of techniques.
- Provides support to users to enable them to resolve their specific day-to-day problems, working closely with other members of the COE to execute corrective action when necessary;
- Working with GPS management on various projects to improve productivity of procurement related business processes;
- Ensures Procurement Department users security and permissions are up to date.
- Tests new system functionality prior to system enhancements deployment.
- Monitoring quality assurance and producing reports on system compliance for GPS management and identifying problems in ERP systems daily;
- Assists business units, country offices and programs with managing the procurement process and inventory control of goods, materials and supplies.
- Understands data entry and documentation requirements associated with the ERP system used for the administration of transactions related to commercial goods and services and consultants.
- Oversees logistical system for shipping/property control and related contracts.
- Works with vendors to negotiate and obtain best pricing and service for international shipping contracts.
- Develops, assists and implements logistics plans, budgets, and procedures to maximize compliance with customer needs within budget constraints. Assists with financial reporting and reconciliation of inventories.
- Reviews invoices for accuracy as needed on expenditures accrued through shipping/receiving. Provides technical support on purchasing procedures, software, and ethics to staff.
- Acts as liaison with accounting to assure purchase orders are paid as due and accounts are maintained currently.
- Trains staff on procurement and logistic procedures and policies to ensure compliance with government regulations and documentation requirements pertaining to exports.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- University Degree in Business Administration, or related field with 7 – 9 years relevant experience in purchasing and supply.
- Masters Degree in Business Administration, or related field with minimum of 5 – 7 years relevant experience in purchasing and supply.
- PhD in Business Administration, or related field with minimum of 3 – 5 years relevant experience in purchasing and supply.
- Familiarity with donor-funded procurement rules and regulations (experience with USAID procurement a plus)
- Articulate, professional and able to communicate in a clear, positive manner with clients and staff.
- Prior management experience preferred.
- Prior work in a non-governmental organization (NGO).
Applied Knowledge & Skills:
- Comprehensive knowledge of procurement and logistics standards and practices.
- Working knowledge of company policies and procedures regarding budgets and contracts.
- Good analytical, numerical and problem solving skills.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Strong critical thinking and problem solving skills.
- Ability to influence, motivate and negotiate to ensure compliance and company objectives and goals are met.
- Ability to work well with others and independently.
- Read, write and speak English. Fluency in a foreign language is desired.
- Ability to interact professionally in culturally diverse settings.
- Ability to research and interpret information to respond to inquiries.
- Problem Solving & Impact:
- Works on problems of diverse scope that requires analysis and evaluation of identifiable factors.
- Exercises judgment with defined policies and procedures in selecting methods and techniques for obtaining solutions.
- Decisions made generally affect specific functional areas with cost and failure to achieve short term goals of the company.
- Supervision Given/Received:
- Supervisory responsibilities as needed.
- Accounts for the budget, methods, and training of staff to achieve results.
- Develops and recommends solutions to meet internal and external needs of the company and department.
- Typically reports to a Director.
Typical Physical Demands:
- Typical office environment.
- Ability to spend long hours looking at computer screen and doing repetitive work on a keyboard.
- Ability to sit and stand for extended periods of time.
- Ability to lift/move up to 5 lbs.
- Technology to be Used:
- Personal Computer/Laptop, Microsoft applications (i.e., Office 365, SharePoint, Zoom/Teams), cell phone/mobile technology, and standard office equipment.
- 10% – 25%
Application Closing Date
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online