Action Against Hunger is the world’s hunger specialist and leader in a global movement that aims to end life-threatening hunger for good within our lifetimes. For 40 years, the humanitarian and development organization has been on the front lines, treating and preventing hunger across nearly 50 countries. It served more than 21 million people in 2018 alone.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Logistics and Admin Officer
Job Type: Full Time
Reporting To: Field Manager
Level: Mid Level
Proposed Start date: August, 2022
- Compile and send the monthly logistics report to the Head of Department, Logistics, Field Manager
- Directly supervise and oversee the rented Vehicle drivers
- Draw up daily, work plan with project team delegate the activities and check that they are executed properly
- Ensure that all drivers are aware of Action Against Hunger’s standard operating procedures, safety and security rules for movements
- Handle travels arrangements for local and international staffs including lodging, meal planning for meetings and workshops
- Provide all administrative and logistical support to the team to ensure timely completion of activities as per the work plan
- Make timely arrangement to maintain internet faults, office building, furniture, fittings and equipment in the office
- Maintain hard copy and electronic filling systems; to ensure integrity and continuity of data/information
- Prepare requisitions, make claims or retire for money used on organizational errands.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Business Administration, Accounting, Logistics, Supply Chain Management or related field
- At least 3 years of work experience preferably in humanitarian or development work with at least 1 years of experience in emergency
- Previous experience of logistics management in an INGO
- Excellent management and personnel skills to enable the motivation, encouragement and participation of a mainly national team, including remote management
- Strong team communicator and facilitator between the interests of different departments
- Problem-solving ability with equipment ranging from PC’s to vehicles and radios;
- Willingness to travel extensively in the field
- Ability to work under stressful conditions in an isolated area
- An Understanding of and commitment to AAH mission and values
- Fluency in Hausa and English
- Good skills computer skills and proficient in Microsoft Office Software Skills (Outlook, Excel, Power Point, Word)
- Substantial knowledge of standard logistics procedures and practices required;
- Must be based in Sokoto.
- N281,063 Monthly (excluding other benefits)
- Other benefits include but not limited to 100% health care coverage, free and direct access to Cross Knowledge e-learning platform.
Application Closing Date
25th July, 2022.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online
- Our employees enjoy a work culture that promotes diversity and inclusion
- Action Against Hunger provides Equal Employment Opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, colour, religion, gender, national origin, age, disability or genetics.
- This is an emergency recruitment and we are looking to fill this role as soon as possible. Candidates available to start immediately are highly preferred.
- Qualified women are strongly encouraged to apply