The Republic of Tajikistan and the Ministry of Industry and New Technologies of the Republic of Tajikistan (MINT) pays a great attention to the development of friendly environment for Techno parks and IT-Parks in the country, also to the creation of new jobs and the production of import-substituting products. The purpose of these parks is to provide a place where innovative businesses could develop and prosper. Most technology parks provide ample space for business development.
In 2021 a legislation was developed on IT and Techno parks which is currently under the review of the Government of Tajikistan. The MINT requested the OSCE Programme Office in Dushanbe to conduct assessment on feasibility of creation of Techno parks in remote cities and regions of the Republic of Tajikistan, which would provide relevant suggestion and key findings on type of techno parks, its benefits to a certain region and location.
Objective of Assignment: The POiD is planning to hire one local expert in the field of Techno parks to support the MINT to conduct analysis and evaluate the creation of technology parks in remote cities and regions of Tajikistan (to what extent the creation of one or another type of Techno Parks will have a positive economic effect for a particular city or region) from perspective of the local legislation and national laws.
Duration of Assignment: 3 months.
Tasks and Responsibilities:
Under the supervision of the Economic Officer of POiD and MINT, the local expert will perform the following tasks :
- Conducting regular meetings with the MINT to discuss next steps and expectations from the assessment;
- Analyzing local existing environment in terms of legislation, national law and existing strategies and concept contributing to creation of Techno parks (particularly, intellectual property rights of the inventing companies and individuals);
- Supporting the working group on development of concept on techno parks with assessment on feasibility of creation of Techno parks for a particular city or region of Tajikistan and its benefits to national economy;
- Providing relevant recommendations where Techno parks can be created and which types of Techno parks in line with national legislation of the Republic of Tajikistan;
- Supporting an international expert with collecting other information needed for development of the concept on Techno Parks;
- Presenting analysis and assessment to the Senior Management of the MINT (with approval of the assessment by management);
- Ensuring conformity of the concept of Techno Parks with the current national legislation related to IT and Techno parks and their affiliate branches in the country, as well as with MINT charter;
- Other issues related to legal regulation of Techno parks.
An expert will work remotely being in constant contact with the POiD/Economic Unit and international expert.
- Assessment of national legislation and strategies/concept is conducted highlighting strengths and weaknesses for creation of Techno parks, types of Techno Parks and its feasibility in Tajikistan;
- Based on results of assessment provide recommendations where current legislation requires amendment for creation of Techno Parks and to be included as annex for concept on development of Techno Parks;
- Recommendation of Techno Parks and types of it are provided considering local legislation;
- Other relevant information for development of concept on Techno Parks is collected and shared with the POiD and international expert;
- Development of the concept on Techno Parks is provided.
For more detailed information on the structure and work of the OSCE Programme Office in Dushanbe, please see: https://www.osce.org/programme-office-in-dushanbe
- University degree in law, economic development, business development, jurisprudence or related field;
- Minimum 4 years of professional experience in the field of development of legislation, regulations and normative acts and/or other related;
- Experience in development of programmes, strategies and assessments;
- Computer literate with practical experience using Microsoft applications;
- Any experience and knowledge on Techno parks is an important asset;
- Professional fluency in the Tajik and Russian languages (knowledge of English is preferred), both oral and written;
- Demonstrated gender awareness and sensitivity, and an ability to integrate a gender perspective into tasks and activities;
- Ability and willingness to work as a member of team, with people of different cultural, and religious backgrounds, different gender, and diverse political views, while maintaining impartiality and objectivity.
Remuneration will be based on the selected consultant’s/expert’s qualifications, experience, the tasks and deliverables for this position and in accordance with the OSCE established rates.
If you wish to apply for this position, please use the OSCE’s online application link found under https://vacancies.osce.org/.
The OSCE retains the discretion to re-advertise/re-post the vacancy, to cancel the recruitment or to offer an appointment with a modified job description or for a different duration.
Only those candidates who are selected to participate in the subsequent stages of recruitment will be contacted.
The OSCE is committed to diversity and inclusion within its workforce, and encourages qualified female and male candidates from all religious, ethnic and social backgrounds to apply to become a part of the Organization.
Candidates should be aware that OSCE officials shall conduct themselves at all times in a manner befitting the status of an international civil servant. This includes avoiding any action which may adversely reflect on the integrity, independence and impartiality of their position and function as officials of the OSCE. The OSCE is committed to applying the highest ethical standards in carrying out its mandate. For more information on the values set out in OSCE Competency Model, please see https://jobs.osce.org/resources/document/our-competency-model.
Please be aware that the OSCE does not request payment at any stage of the application and review process.
- Issued by: OSCE Programme Office in Dushanbe
- Requisition ID: TAJ000040
- Contract Type: Special Service Agreement (SSA) / Consultant
- Grade: No grade
- Job Type: Consultant
- Number of posts: 1
- Location: TAJ – OSCE Programme Office in Dushanbe, Dushanbe
- Issue Date: Feb 27, 2023
- Closing Date: May 22, 2023
- Education Level: Bachelor’s Degree (First-level university degree or equivalent)