Greetings! Global Diaspora Confederation (GDC) is hiring a Legal Assistant-Volunteer to join our enthusiastic team.
The candidate will be responsible for advising and supporting the management board and the Secretariat on the most appropriate actions for any legal issues, safeguarding GDC from legal risks and ensuring work complies with the legal requirements.
Roles & Responsibilities:
- Taking overall responsibility of the Legal Team and training team members.
- Setting a risk and compliance framework for the firm per our principles and culture.
- Taking overall responsibility for the advice, management and development of GDC’s risk and compliance systems organization-wide.
- Advising the Management Board on all risks and compliance matters across the firm.
- Working closely with Data Protection Officer on all issues involving data protection.
- Preparing necessary reports to propose improvements to manage risk.
- Creating and proposing improvements on information, policies and procedures regarding conflict of interest, combating terrorist financing, reputational risk, data protection, anti-bribery, anti-money laundering, non-disclosure agreement, equality and diversity, anti-bribery and corruption, gifts, benefits and entertainment, compliance.
- Developing the standard terms of engagement and Terms and conditions.
- Providing legal risk assessment on GDC projects and contractual support to all teams.
- Investigating all breaches and near breaches of all regulations and statutes covering GDC and advising to take appropriate actions.
- Developing preventative strategies and guidance to avoid potential legal issues and remediating non-compliant situations
- Promoting awareness of GDC policies amongst all volunteers.
- Offering more opportunities for strong team members to perform.
Qualifications and Requirements:
- Graduate Degree in Law.
- Experience particularly with International NGOs or international development organizations.
- Strong leadership and management skills.
- Ability to work well and coordinate with others.