Employment Type: Permanent, Full-Time
Location: Ottawa, ON, Canada (Hybrid)
Deadline for Submission: December 8, 2023
At Nutrition International, we make a difference, because nutrition is the difference.
Woven into the very fabric of our approach is the passion and drive of our global team of over 600 people, working in 13 offices across 11 countries with one common goal: transforming the lives of people who need it most through improved nutrition.
If you are a motivated and passionate individual who shares our conviction that a better world is possible through improved nutrition, wants to leave the world a little better than they found it, and is looking to be part of a global team with a clear vision, we want to hear from you. Please consider applying for the position below.
Know our Team
Nutrition International promotes an evidence-based approach to advocacy, decision making, multi-sectoral country planning, and the setting of nutrition agendas. The Global Technical Services (GTS) Unit is Nutrition International’s Centre of Technical Excellence. The GTS Unit, based in Ottawa, leads on the quality assurance of and technical support to Nutrition International’s research and programs to influence and improve national and global policies and practice. Currently, Nutrition International is seeking applications for a Knowledge Management & Research Officer role to be based in Ottawa, ON, Canada.
About the Role
As the Knowledge Management and Research Officer, you will collaborate with various teams to ensure the efficient organization, accessibility, and distribution of technical resources and knowledge products. This role reports to the Practice Area Director, Data and Evidence for Decision Making, and is based in Ottawa, Canada.
Key responsibilities include:
- Maintain technical knowledge management platforms, including e-learning courses, intranet pages, and document repositories.
- Organize and categorize technical products and resources, ensuring regular distribution within the organization.
- Contribute to the development of new knowledge platforms, aligning with organizational needs.
- Manage access to publications, resources, and related budgets for Global Technical Services.
- Collaborate with GTS staff to coordinate technical webinars and other knowledge-sharing activities.
- Develop and distribute the GTS newsletter series in collaboration with global GTS staff.
- Assist in developing processes to capture and share programmatic lessons learned and good practices.
- Support ad hoc research and fulfill requests related to themes and topics within NI’s technical areas.
- Strengthen knowledge management coordination across NI’s departments.
- This position is based in our Ottawa HQ office; the ideal candidate must be within a commutable distance to our HQ office for in-person requirements
- University degree in Nutrition, Agriculture, Biological Sciences, or a related field. Advanced degree preferred
- Strong science background, a history of peer-reviewed publications, and familiarity with scientific journals and databases.
- Minimum 2 years of professional experience, including research, volunteering, or internships.
- Proven ability to lead and participate in teams, with excellent interpersonal skills.
- Basic management skills and familiarity with digital learning platforms are a bonus.
- Fluency in English is required; fluency in a second language is considered an asset
What we offer
A competitive market pay, health and dental benefits, flexible work hours and four weeks of vacation (plus public holidays). We offer a collaborative and engaging work environment.
Selected candidates must have current legal entitlement to work in Canada (Permanent Residency, Current Work Permit, Citizenship, NAFTA eligibility or other reciprocal trade agreement). We thank you for your interest, however only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
Nutrition International is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to an inclusive, equitable and accessible work environment. Upon request, accommodations due to a disability are available throughout the selection process.
Please note that all our offers are conditional subject to appropriate screening checks and satisfactory reference checks.
How to apply
For more detailed information about the role, please refer to the job posting below: