Grupo de Formación e Intervención para el Desarrollo Sostenible (GRUFIDES) is a well-connected non-governmental organisation based in Cajamarca, Peru. In the department of Cajamarca, which is characterised by extractive industries, GRUFIDES is committed to the legal defence of human rights in the environmental sector, with a particular focus on the situation of women. Its work focuses on the right to water, support for measures to adapt to climate change, the promotion of a solidarity economy and political lobbying.
The organisation is based in Cajamarca, Peru.
Regular business trips to the project areas in the various provinces of the department of Cajamarca are planned.
As a professional, you will support GRUFIDES in further qualifying its communication and public relations work in order to make human rights violations in the mining regions more visible and contribute to a better legal framework for those affected. You will report directly to the Communications Coordinator. The management of GRUFIDES will be responsible for supervision and technical oversight.
In particular, you will be responsible for the following:
- Support in the preparation of analyses, press releases, articles for social media, radio reports and the production of a regional environmental magazine
- Qualification of lobbying work
- Advice on organising campaigns and events to defend human rights and raise awareness of alternatives to extractivism
- Support in planning and organising workshops to train those affected to become citizen journalists
- Support in the development of a harmonised communication strategy for the network of citizen journalists
- You have successfully completed at least a Bachelor’s degree in journalism, communication sciences or a comparable field of study
- You have several years of relevant work experience in the areas of communications, campaigning and lobbying, preferably in a Latin American and indigenous context
- You are a talented communicator with business fluent Spanish and English skills
- You have a high level of intercultural sensitivity and experience and are able to react flexibly and in a solution-orientated manner to unexpected challenges
- You are willing to undertake business trips within Peru
Citizenship of a Member State of the European Union or Switzerland is required.
How to apply
Please upload your application now.