ITE UX Specialist Consultant
Post of duty: Washington DC
The IDB Group is a community of diverse, versatile, and passionate people who come together on a journey to improve lives in Latin America and the Caribbean. Our people find purpose and do what they love in an inclusive, collaborative, agile, and rewarding environment.
About this position:
The User Experience (UX) Team is looking for a creative, curious, collaborative UX expert excited to help the UX Team on creating innovative new products and services, as well as improving existing ones. It’s about deeply understanding the needs and behaviors of our users and generating actionable insights to drive product and design strategy. With the ability to contribute to high-impact projects right away.
We are looking for a creative, curious, collaborative UX expert. As a user experience (UX) specialist must be able to understand our business requirements and any technical limitations, as well as be responsible for conceiving and conducting user research, interviews, and surveys, and translating them into sitemaps, user flows, customer journey maps, wireframes, mockups, and prototypes.
You will work in Collaboration & Platform Team part of ITE department.
What you’ll do:
- Define and establish a UX methodology to improve systems’ usability across the organization.
- Work closely with developers to turn user data into actionable product or service requirements that feed into prototype development, and influence product direction.
- Present findings and related design/business recommendations and customer insights to senior decision-makers.
- Build strong relationships with testing partners to ensure they are advocates for the product at launch.
- Design and deliver wireframes, user stories, user journeys, and mockups optimized for a wide range of devices and interfaces.
- Identify design problems and devise delightful solutions.
- Make strategic design and user-experience decisions related to core, and new, functions and features.
- Take a user-centered design approach and rapidly test and iterate the designs.
- Provide support to client departments on the selection of specialized UX vendors.
- Work with vendors specialized in UX methodologies to design and deliver user centered products.
What you’ll need:
- Education: bachelor’s degree in graphic design, web design, user-centered design, user experience, or other fields relevant to the responsibilities of the role.
- Experience: Between two and five years of progressive experience in User Experience.
- Languages: Proficiency in Spanish and English, spoken and written, is required. Additional knowledge of French and Portuguese is preferable.
Key skills :
- Learn continuously.
- Collaborate and share knowledge.
- Focus on clients.
- Communicate and influence.
- Innovate and try new things.
- Citizenship: You are a citizen of one of our 48-member countries.
- Consanguinity : You have no family members (up to the fourth degree of consanguinity and second degree of affinity, including spouse) working at the IDB, IDB Invest, or IDB Lab.
Type of contract and duration:
- Type of contract: International Consultant Full-Time (CNS).
- Length of contract: 12 months .
- Work Location: On site.
What we offer:
The IDB group provides benefits that respond to the different needs and moments of an employee’s life. These benefits include:
- A competitive compensation packages.
- Leaves and vacations : 2 days per month of contract + gender- neutral parental leave.
- Health Insurance : the IDB Group provides a monthly allowance for the purchase of health insurance.
- Savings plan : The IDB Group cares about your future, depending on the length of the contract, you will receive a monthly savings plan allowance.
- We offer assistance with relocation and visa applications for you and your family when it applies.
- Hybrid and flexible work schedules.
- Development support: We offer learning opportunities to boost your professional profile such as seminars, 1:1 professional counseling, and much more.
- Health and wellbeing: Access to our Health Services Center which provides preventive care and health education for all employees.
- Other perks: Lactation Room, Daycare Center, Gym, Bike Racks, Parking, and others.
At the IDB Group we work so everyone brings their best and authentic selves to work, willing to try new approaches without fear, and where they are accountable and rewarded for their actions.
Diversity, Equity, Inclusion and Belonging (DEIB) are at the center of our organization. We celebrate all dimensions of diversity and encourage women, LGBTQ+ people, persons with disabilities, Afro-descendants, and Indigenous people to apply.
We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job interview process. If you are a qualified candidate with a disability, please e-mail us at firstname.lastname@example.org to request reasonable accommodation to complete this application.
Our Human Resources Team reviews carefully every application.
About the IDB Group:
The IDB Group, composed of the Inter-American Development Bank (IDB), IDB Invest, and the IDB Lab offers flexible financing solutions to its member countries to finance economic and social development through lending and grants to public and private entities in Latin America and the Caribbean.
We work to improve lives in Latin America and the Caribbean. Through financial and technical support for countries working to reduce poverty and inequality, we help improve health and education and advance infrastructure. Our aim is to achieve development in a sustainable, climate-friendly way. With a history dating back to 1959, today we are the leading source of development financing for Latin America and the Caribbean. We provide loans, grants, and technical assistance; and we conduct extensive research. We maintain a strong commitment to achieving measurable results and the highest standards of integrity, transparency, and accountability.
Follow us : https://www.linkedin.com/company/inter-american-development-bank/
- External Opening Date: Jul 19, 2023
- External Closing Date: Aug 9, 2023
- External Contact Email: email@example.com
- External Contact Name: HR Service Center
- Job Field: Technical Support