Reference Number: 230238
Position Level: NS 2
Department: Information Technology Department
Division: Digital Innovation and Architecture Division, ITD
Location: Asian Development Bank Headquarters
Date Posted: Thursday, June 15, 2023
Closing Date: Thursday, June 29, 2023 11:59 p.m. (2359 Manila Time, 0800 GMT)
This is a special fixed-term appointment for a period of three (3) years following Section 3.1 (c.) of Administrative Order No. 2.01 (“Recruitment and Appointment’). This appointment is not convertible to a regular appointment. It may be extended on exceptional basis for a further fixed period at the option of ADB. This appointment is open to internal and external applicants.
Asian Development Bank (ADB) is an international development finance institution headquartered in Manila, Philippines and is composed of 68 members, 49 of which are from the Asia and Pacific region. ADB is committed to achieving a prosperous, inclusive, resilient, and sustainable Asia and the Pacific, while sustaining its efforts to eradicate extreme poverty. ADB combines finance, knowledge, and partnerships to fulfill its expanded vision under its Strategy 2030.
ADB only hires nationals of its 68 members.
The position is assigned to the Digital Innovation and Architecture Division (ITIA) within the Information Technology Department (ITD). ITD enables ADB’s digital agenda and supports the Bank’s global operations. The department delivers digital innovation, IT infrastructure, services and solutions, and provides tools and knowledge platforms.
ITIA is responsible for ADB’s i) digital strategy and enterprise architecture, ii) innovation using emerging technologies and new digital business models, and iii) strategic adoption and change management for digital initiatives.Job PurposeThe IT Officer (Digital Capability) is responsible to support initiatives to build digital capability in line with ADB’s digital transformation objectives by i) supervising content development for digital capability building under the ADB Digital Fitness Program and ii) managing the ADB Indigo Learning Experience Platform.The incumbent will report to a designated International Staff.Responsibilities
Digital Fitness Program Implementation
- Manages the design, development, and maintenance of learning content for the Digital Fitness Program in support of ADB’s digital transformation.
- Leads the development of visual content from planning, storyboarding, scriptwriting to editing videos and designing graphic illustrations, overall branding, simple motion graphics, and user interface.
- Creates custom reports and dashboards for digital literacy initiatives and gathers insights on users and content performance based on platform analytics.
- Creates content and supports delivery for engagement and awareness-raising campaigns to promote digital literacy and upskilling.
- Contributes in planning internal digital learning workshops and other events.
- Supports activities of the Driving Digital Leadership Program.
Learning Experience Platform (LXP) Management
- Manages ADB Indigo LXP to support enterprise capability building across subjects, including being the focal point in configuration, administration, integration, and troubleshooting.
- Collaborates with and trains internal customers on using the LXP to fulfill their learning objectives in creating, developing, curating, and maintaining content.
- Establishes guidelines for the development, delivery, and maintenance of the LXP platform and its content.
- Develops and manages a system for storing, organizing, and archiving materials.
- Sets standards for engagement campaigns and user experience.
- Supervises user support to ensure an excellent level of service for LXP users.
- Performs other duties as may be assigned and reflected in the incumbent’s workplan.
Relevant Experience & Requirements
- Bachelor’s degree in mass communication, journalism, organizational development, Information Science, Management, or related fields; preferably with advanced training
- At least 8 years of relevant experience in content development, curation and administration and familiarity with talent/learning experience platforms, learning management systems, and other related platforms
- Interest/background in technology
- Strong project management skills
- Excellent oral and written communication skills in English and can interact effectively and work/coordinate with all levels of ADB staff and external parties and build rapport.
- Ability to review, edit, and publish various content formats
- Experience in crafting department-wide messages (i.e., textual, pictorial and presentation/video) and able to translate technical information into language understandable to everyone
- Design capabilities and experience in marketing/advertising related to digital innovation or IT products
- Ability to multitask with attention to detail
- Ability to plan, coordinate, oversee, administer, and work independently, as appropriate.
- Proficient in MS Office Suite (Word, PowerPoint, and Excel) and Adobe Creative Suite (Illustrator, Photoshop, Premiere Pro, and After Effects)
- Please refer to the link for ADB Competency Framework for NS2.
The selected candidate, if new to ADB, is appointed for an initial term of 3 years.
ADB offers competitive remuneration and a comprehensive benefits package. Actual appointment salary will be based on ADB’s standards and computation, taking into account the selected individual’s qualifications and experience.
ADB seeks to ensure that everyone is treated with respect and given equal opportunities to work in an inclusive environment. ADB encourages all qualified candidates to apply regardless of their racial, ethnic, religious and cultural background, gender, sexual orientation or disabilities. Women are highly encouraged to apply.
Please note that the actual level and salary will be based on qualifications of the selected candidate.