Job #: req22762
Sector: Financial Sector
Term Duration: 2 years 0 months
Recruitment Type: Local Recruitment
Required Language(s): English
Preferred Language(s): Closing Date: 5/30/2023 (MM/DD/YYYY) at 11:59pm UTC
IFC—a member of the World Bank Group—is the largest global development institution focused on the private sector in emerging markets. We work in more than 100 countries, using our capital, expertise, and influence to create markets and opportunities in developing countries. In fiscal year 2022, IFC committed a record $32.8 billion to private companies and financial institutions in developing countries, leveraging the power of the private sector to end extreme poverty and boost shared prosperity as economies grapple with the impacts of global compounding crises. For more information, visit www.ifc.org.
IFC is seeking an Investment Analyst to support investment teams to develop new business, execute transactions and actively manage portfolio projects in Financial Institutions.
Roles and Responsibilities
- Prepare routine portfolio monitoring reports and generate needed data from multiple sources.
- Gather and summarize benchmarking information that will be used to capture lessons learned.
- Assist in preparing analytical sections of country and sector strategies and client pitchbook.
- Prepare sector mapping to target potential clients and business opportunities.
- Contribute to the development of high-quality specific Upstream initiatives and interventions through research, analytical, and operational work.
- Identify data collection needs to support the assessment of financial, operational, development impact, and market information as well as relevant ES&G matters. Coordinate with the client to obtain needed information.
- Analyze financial statements and projections, build financial models, and run sensitivities, with accountability for factual accuracy.
- Gather and summarize project, sector, and country benchmarking information to be used to capture lessons learned, with accountability for factual accuracy.
- Identify key stakeholders (government, development partners, WBG) as input to business development and client engagement planning.
- Perform credit and integrity risk rating assessments, covenant compliance reviews (debt), and valuations (equity), and monitor changes to risk flags for determining performance assigned to a portfolio, with supervision.
- Gather and analyze data to support assessment of project development impact.
- Prepare industry and market research as input to Country Private Sector Diagnostics.
- Bachelor’s or MBA/Masters/CFA in a related field and at least of 2-3 years of relevant experience. Related fields of education include business, finance, or economics or an area of expertise specific to a sector, subject matter, or industry specialty. Relevant experience could include a proven track record in business consulting or investment banking, or operational experience in the sector or technical or professional field.
- Ability to conduct market and industry research and analysis.
- Ability to analyze and synthesize debt pricing benchmarks and equity trading comparable.
- Demonstrated skill in financial statement analysis, accounting, finance, financial modeling, DCF, and comparable company analysis to support informed decision making.
- Ability to demonstrate attention to detail, thoughtful scenario analysis, and diligence in the quality of one’s own work.
- Fully understands the financial aspects of investment or advisory transactions, including how to conduct market analysis and determine financial soundness of company or project opportunity.
- Ability to develop complex financial models.
- Keen interest in development finance and multicultural environments.
- Ability to communicate clearly and concisely both orally and in writing.
- Fluency in English required and proficiency in language(s) of the region preferred.
World Bank Group Core Competencies
The World Bank Group offers comprehensive benefits, including a retirement plan; medical, life and disability insurance; and paid leave, including parental leave, as well as reasonable accommodations for individuals with disabilities.
We are proud to be an equal opportunity and inclusive employer with a dedicated and committed workforce, and do not discriminate based on gender, gender identity, religion, race, ethnicity, sexual orientation, or disability.
Learn more about working at the World Bank and IFC, including our values and inspiring stories.