Family Health International (FHI 360) is a nonprofit human development organization dedicated to improving lives in lasting ways by advancing integrated, locally driven solutions. Our staff includes experts in health, education, nutrition, environment, economic development, civil society, gender, youth, research and technology – creating a unique mix of capabilities to address today’s interrelated development challenges. FHI 360 serves more than 70 countries and all U.S. states and territories.
We are recruiting to fill the position of:
Job Title: Investigator
Job Requisition ID: 2022201044
Summary of Position
- The Investigator in the Office of Compliance and Internal Audit (OCIA) is responsible for reviewing allegations of misconduct, fraud, waste, and other compliance issues and performing investigative procedures to reach conclusion of the allegations.
- Develops investigation plans and conducts documental reviews, interviews, and other procedures to resolve reported issues.
- Prepares reports to communicate the review observations and results internally and externally in accordance with established protocols.
- Develops corrective actions to mitigate future risks.
- Assists in the data analysis and presentations to communicate trends and highlights of compliance-related issues at the organization.
- Skills and prior experience in finance/accounting, auditing, project and country office operations are highly desirable.
- Strong writing skills and interviewing skills are also desired. Certified Fraud Examiner (CFE), Certified Internal Auditor (CIA), or Certified Public Accountant (CPA) designation is strongly desired. Knowledge of funder regulations (US Government and other international entities), such as Cost Accounting Standards (CAS), Automated Directive Systems (ADS) Series 300, Code of Federal Regulations (CFR), and Federal Acquisition Regulations (FAR) may also be required.
- Contributes to the department’s compliance outreach and training activities to promote compliance and ethical behaviors.
- Conducts investigations of alleged misconduct, fraud, waste, and other issues.
- Serves as point of contact to receive, review, analyze, and draft investigation documents.
- Coordinates the investigation throughout the investigation cycle which includes initial inquiry/report, analysis, and final report writing.
- Assists with setting up meetings and coordinating conference calls, briefings, and schedules.
- Maintains documentation relating to the investigative work as required by applicable regulations and OCIA practices.
- Assists OCIA management in compiling and presenting analytical data on internal investigations.
- Reports investigation findings to appropriate management at any time when issues need to be addressed.
- Coordinates reviews of ad hoc and annual Conflict of Interest (COI) disclosures.
- Prepares clear and concise internal memos and investigation notification to be submitted to the Office of Inspector General or the funder designated office of compliance.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s Degree (B.S.) in relevant field such as Law, Accounting, Finance, Business Administration, or related field from a four-year college or university.
- 3 – 5 years of progressively responsible experience in investigation related work, internal audit, or financial analysis in a global, geographically disbursed organization; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Certified Fraud Examiner (CFE), Certified Internal Auditor (CIA), or Certified Public Accountant (CPA) designation is strongly desired.
- Demonstrates ability to gather, analyze, and synthesize information from many sources.
- Excellent organizational skills, attention to detail, time management, project management, and prioritization skills.
- Project administration experience; experience interfacing with management regarding Internal Audit and Investigations.
- Familiarity with non-profit and US Government Contracting Rules and Regulations.
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team; must be able to work with a minimum of supervision in the conceptualization, planning, management and implementation of activities.
- Experience in providing outstanding customer service, performing complex activities associated with ensuring compliance with company’s system of internal controls is required.
- Computerized accounting software experience and proficiency in spreadsheet software required.
- Must be able to read, write and speak fluent English.
- Articulate professional and able to communicate in a clear and positive fashion with clients and staff.
- Foreign language skills such as French, Portuguese, or Spanish desired.
- Prior international experience is a plus.
- Willingness and ability to travel up to 25% of the time.
- Proven computer skills with Microsoft Word, Excel, Access, PowerPoint, Teams, electronic mail and knowledge of the Internet and on-line systems.
Typical Physical Demands:
- Typical office environment.
- Ability to spend long hours looking at computer screen and doing repetitive work on a keyboard.
- Ability to sit and stand for extended periods of time.
- Ability to lift/move up to 5 lbs.
- Can be greater than 25% (depending on need and COVID travel restrictions).
Application Closing Date
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online
- This job posting summarizes the main duties of the job. It neither prescribes nor restricts the exact tasks that may be assigned to carry out these duties.
- This document should not be construed in any way to represent a contract of employment. Management reserves the right to review and revise this document at any time.
- FHI 360 is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer whereby we do not engage in practices that discriminate against any person employed or seeking employment based on race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national or ethnic origin, age, marital status, physical or mental disability, protected Veteran status, or any other characteristic protected under applicable law.
- FHI 360 will consider for employment all qualified applicants, including those with criminal histories, in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable state and local laws.
- FHI 360 fosters the strength and health of its workforce through a competitive benefits package, professional development and policies and programs that support a healthy work/life balance.
- Join our global workforce to make a positive difference for others – and yourself.