The Republic of Tajikistan and the Ministry of Industry and New Technologies of the Republic of Tajikistan (MINT) pays a great attention to the development of friendly environment for IT and Techno parks in the country, also the creation of new jobs and the production of import-substituting products. The purpose of these parks is to provide a place where innovative businesses could develop and prosper. Most technology parks provide ample space for business development.
In 2021 a legislation “on technological parks” which is currently under the review of the Government of Tajikistan. As the follow-up, it is necessary to conduct an assessment where techno parks can be established in Tajikistan to contribute to the socio-economic development. In this regard, the MINT requested the OSCE Programme Office in Dushanbe to conduct assessment on feasibility of creation of Techno parks in remote cities and regions of the Republic of Tajikistan, which would provide relevant suggestion and key findings on type of techno parks, its benefits to a certain region and location.
Objective of Assignment:
The POiD is planning to hire an international consultant in the field Techno parks to support the MINT to conduct analysis and evaluate the creation of technology parks in remote cities and regions of Tajikistan (to what extent the creation of one or another type of Techno Parks will have a positive economic effect for a particular city or region).
Duration of Assignment: 3 months.
Tasks and Responsibilities:
Under the supervision of the Economic Officer of POiD and MINT, an international consultant will perform the following tasks:
- Meeting with the MINT to discuss steps and expectations from the assessment;
- Developing a work plan and content of the final assessment to be shared and agreed with the OSCE and the MINT for further work;
- Analyzing local existing environment in terms of legislation, economic situation of regions and other to be included into the final report of assessment;
- Conducting an assessment on feasibility of creation of Techno parks for a particular city or region of Tajikistan and its benefits to national economy;
- Providing relevant recommendations where Techno parks can be created and which types of Techno parks;
- Presenting analysis and assessment to the Senior Management of the MINT;
The Expert will work remotely most of the time with planned duty travel to Dushanbe.
- Report on the meeting with the MINT is submitted;
- Work plan is developed and a draft content is developed and shared with the OSCE and the MINT;
- Analysis on existing environment and feasibility of creation of Techno parks is conducted and included into the final assessment;
- Assessment is developed in line with expectations of the MINT and all possible comments are addressed;
- Final document is presented to the MINT.
For more detailed information on the structure and work of the OSCE Programme Office in Dushanbe, please see: https://www.osce.org/programme-office-in-dushanbe
- University degree in economics, economic development, business development, marketing or related field;
- Minimum 6 years of professional experience in the field of improvement of start-up business ecosystem, and strategy for development of start-up business sector;
- Professional experience working in Techno parks is a big advantage;
- Computer literate with practical experience using Microsoft applications;
- Experience in development of programmes, strategies and assessments related to Techno parks;
- Knowledge of functions of Techno parks and their benefits;
- Professional fluency in the English or/and Russian languages, both oral and written;
- Demonstrated gender awareness and sensitivity, and an ability to integrate a gender perspective into tasks and activities;
- Ability and willingness to work as a member of team, with people of different cultural, and religious backgrounds, different gender, and diverse political views, while maintaining impartiality and objectivity.
Remuneration will be based on the selected consultant’s/expert’s qualifications, experience, the tasks and deliverables for this position and in accordance with the OSCE established rates.
If you wish to apply for this position, please use the OSCE’s online application link found under https://vacancies.osce.org/.
The OSCE retains the discretion to re-advertise/re-post the vacancy, to cancel the recruitment or to offer an appointment with a modified job description or for a different duration.
Only those candidates who are selected to participate in the subsequent stages of recruitment will be contacted.
The OSCE is committed to diversity and inclusion within its workforce, and encourages qualified female and male candidates from all religious, ethnic and social backgrounds to apply to become a part of the Organization.
Candidates should be aware that OSCE officials shall conduct themselves at all times in a manner befitting the status of an international civil servant. This includes avoiding any action which may adversely reflect on the integrity, independence and impartiality of their position and function as officials of the OSCE. The OSCE is committed to applying the highest ethical standards in carrying out its mandate. For more information on the values set out in OSCE Competency Model, please see https://jobs.osce.org/resources/document/our-competency-model.
Please be aware that the OSCE does not request payment at any stage of the application and review process.
- Issued by: OSCE Programme Office in Dushanbe
- Requisition ID: TAJ000042
- Contract Type: Special Service Agreement (SSA) / Consultant
- Grade: No grade
- Job Type: Consultant
- Number of posts: 1
- Location: TAJ – OSCE Programme Office in Dushanbe, Dushanbe
- Issue Date: Feb 27, 2023
- Closing Date: May 22, 2023
- Education Level: Bachelor’s Degree (First-level university degree or equivalent)