Posting End Date
This position has an anticipated start date of October 2023
Under the supervision of bankers in the team, the intern will support the transaction related process in:
- Financial analysis of companies and projects including construction of financial projections and production of cash flow models.
- Data gathering, research, analysis and provide background information into companies or sectors.
- Administrative and analytical support in specific areas of project monitoring.
- Production of reports required during the project cycle and liaison with the Bank’s internal credit department and other relevant departments.
- Drafting specific assigned portions of EBRD documents and correspondence.
- Attending meetings with bankers where appropriate.
- Assist in the Team’s TC Project.
- The position will focus on infrastructure projects in Eurasia
Key skills required:
- Proven analytical skills
- Numerical skills
- Financial skills – ability to design basic financial models
- Credit analysis skills, with the ability to interpret accounts, understanding local and international accounting principles and practice of credit analysis
- Ability to work well within a team
- Very good written (report writing, correspondence) and verbal communication skills in English
- Good command over the local/country language of the countries in Moldova, Caucasus and Central Asia is an advantage
- good relevant degree from a leading university in the country of education ( economics, finance, business)
- computer literacy
- some relevant commercial experience; exposure to infrastructure is desirable, to include inter alia understanding of the sector specifics, and regulation
- experience in other IFIs and donor experience is a plus
- Experience in working in the region (Eurasia) is desirable
What is it like to work at the EBRD?
Our agile and innovative approach is what makes life at the EBRD a unique experience! You will be part of a pioneering and diverse international organisation, and use your talents to make a real difference to people’s lives and help shape the future of the regions we invest in.
The EBRD environment provides you with:
- Varied, stimulating and engaging work that gives you an opportunity to interact with a wide range of experts in the financial, political, public and private sectors across the regions we invest in;
- A working culture that embraces inclusion and celebrates diversity;
- An environment that places sustainability, equality and digital transformation at the heart of what we do.
Diversity is one of the Bank’s core values which are at the heart of everything it does. A diverse workforce with the right knowledge and skills enables connection with our clients, brings pioneering ideas, energy and innovation. The EBRD staff is characterised by its rich diversity of nationalities, cultures and opinions and we aim to sustain and build on this strength. As such, the EBRD seeks to ensure that everyone is treated with respect and given equal opportunities and works in an inclusive environment. The EBRD encourages all qualified candidates who are nationals of the EBRD member countries to apply regardless of their racial, ethnic, religious and cultural background, gender, sexual orientation or disabilities. As an inclusive employer, we promote flexible working and expecting our employee to attend the office 50% of their working time.