: CFCV/ID10/2023/031 REISSUED
: : : Intern (Health Information & Administration)
Migration Health (Health Care)
Type of Appointment
: : Internship
National Migration Health Office
Estimated Start Date
: As soon as possible
: 21 July 2023
Only external candidates will be considered for this vacancy. This is a request for Curricula / expression of interest for the position of Intern (Migration Governance). The successful candidate will be offered an Internship Contract. Applications from all gender candidates are encouraged.
IOM is committed to a diverse and inclusive environment and encourages all candidates, irrespective of gender, nationality, religious and ethnic backgrounds, including persons living with disabilities, to apply to become a part of the organization. Read more about diversity and inclusion at IOM at www.iom.int/diversity.
Established in 1951, IOM is a Related Organization of the United Nations, and as the leading UN agency in the field of migration, works closely with governmental, intergovernmental and non-governmental partners. IOM is dedicated to promoting humane and orderly migration for the benefit of all. It does so by providing services and advice to governments and migrants.
Operational in Indonesia for more than 40 years, IOM Indonesia is one of IOM’s large missions in the world working on a wide range of activities in partnership with the Government of Indonesia, civil society, private sector actors, migrants and communities. IOM Indonesia is engaged in several thematic areas, including: Counter-Trafficking Labour Migration/Labour Mobility and Social Inclusion (CT-LM/LMSI), Disasters, Climate and Resilience (DCR), Immigration and Border Governance (IBG), Refugee Care, Migration Health, Migration Policy and Data Hub, and Resettlement and Voluntary Returns.
IOM Indonesia aims to improve the quality of care for refugees and asylum seekers referred to IOM by the Government of Indonesia according to applicable international humanitarian and human rights standards. IOM also contributes to the increased protection of vulnerable subgroups of displaced persons, such as unaccompanied migrant children (UMCs), victims of sexual and gender-based violence, pregnant women, and the elderly, among others, through the establishment of referral mechanisms involving the active participation of specialized state and non-state service providers.
Under the guidance and direct supervision by National Migration Health Officer in Tanjung Pinang, and overall supervision by National Programme Officer in Tanjung Pinang and Senior Migration Health Advisor in Jakarta, the incumbent will provide assistance on health information and administration of data collection from health service and data from health program/activity as well as from monitoring evaluation, into database analysis, and health information system including assist other migration health related activities in IOM field office Tanjung Pinang.
Responsibilities and Accountabilities:
- Assist Health Care team in supporting health information and database administration of medical information both paper-based and electronic of medical record from any level of health care to be linked to medical profile and statistical output.
- Assist the Health Care team to collect health service utilization data form health service provider (hospital, clinic, laboratory etc.) to be input in the database of health information system.
- With assistance of Health Care team, collect data from health activity such as health promotion, education, workshop etc. to be input into the database of health information system.
- Assist the Health Care team to collect medical record from health service provider and beneficiaries and transform it into electronic medical record and upload it into database of health information,
- Assist the Health Care team in monitoring collecting information for health programme such as for hygiene, and sanitation monitoring of accommodations including food and rations.
- Assist the Health Care team to ensure all medical documents, old and current are scanned and saved according to the program electronic filling system and hard copies are managed or kept in line with the requirements.
- Assist the Health Care team in receiving and checking all incoming invoices from suppliers, services providers, and submit document for verify process by health team.
- Compile, if necessary, and read the minute of the latest health staff meeting and the action points noted in the meetings.
- Undertake any other related duties as may be assigned.
Required Qualifications and Experience
- Applicants enrolled in the final academic year of a first university degree programme (minimum under-graduate school) in statistic, public health, medical health, medical record and informatics engineer or informatics management and others at the time of application of internship;
- and/or applicants who are enrolled in a second university degree (graduate school/equivalent) or have graduated with a university degree within one year of graduation.
- Previous experience in the field of health information, database management and skill using database tools such as Microsoft Excel, Access or SPSS are considered as assets and will be highly regarded.
- Good level of computer literacy; proficiency in Microsoft Office particularly Word is required.
- Ability to write clear and concise reports.
Proficient in English and Bahasa Indonesia, both oral and written.
Competencies The incumbent is expected to demonstrate the following values and competencies: VALUES – All IOM staff members must abide by and demonstrate these five values: Inclusion and respect for diversity: Respects and promotes individual and cultural differences. Encourages diversity and inclusion.
Integrity and transparency: Maintains high ethical standards and acts in a manner consistent with organizational principles/rules and standards of conduct.
Professionalism: Demonstrates ability to work in a composed, competent and committed manner and exercises careful judgment in meeting day-to-day challenges.
Courage: Demonstrates willingness to take a stand on issues of importance.
Empathy: Shows compassion for others, makes people feel safe, respected and fairly treated.
CORE COMPETENCIES – Behavioural indicators – Level 1
Teamwork: Develops and promotes effective collaboration within and across units to achieve shared goals and optimize results.
Delivering results: Produces and delivers quality results in a service-oriented and timely manner. Is action oriented and committed to achieving agreed outcomes.
Managing and sharing knowledge: Continuously seeks to learn, share knowledge and innovate.
Accountability: Takes ownership for achieving the Organization’s priorities and assumes responsibility for own actions and delegated work.
Communication: Encourages and contributes to clear and open communication. Explains complex matters in an informative, inspiring and motivational way.
How to apply:
Interested candidates are invited to submit their applications in ENGLISH, with:
- Cover letter, clearly specify suitability and availability date, followed by your updated curriculum vitae / resume.
- Complete Candidate Profile in SuccessFactors including three referees (preferably direct academic supervisors).
The deadline for applications is 21 July 2023.
Only applicant who meets the above qualification will be considered
IOM does not charge a fee at any stage of its recruitment process (application, interview, processing, training or other fee).