Core Functions / Responsibilities: Under the direct supervision of the Migration and Development Head of unit, the selected consultant will ensure:
1. Support to the Management of the Migration Literacy Enhancement Advance NonDiscrimination (M-LEARN).
2. Technical support to IOM Tunisia’s research agenda: The consultant will support the production of high-quality research conducted by the Mission. Support to the Management of the Migration Literacy Enhancement Advance NonDiscrimination (M-LEARN):
1) Ensure the effective implementation of the M-LEARN project activities, as well as monitoring and keeping track of project expenditures and ensure that they are in line with agreed budget;
2) providing strategic advice and guidance to the Migration and Development unit, and facilitating upcoming scientific and steering committee meetings;
3) Provide strategic and technical guidance for the implementation of outcome 2 and 3 of the project;
4) Development of revised project implementation timeline for the (M-LEARN) project; and perform an analysis of the adjusted timeline for each of the due deliverables;
5) Draft donor narrative report and ensure coordination with colleagues, addressing comments and ensuring report endorsement;
6) Coordinate and follow-up with the project consultants developing the migration course and ensure regular coordination with the GMDAC expert and RO Cairo expert, and colleagues in IOM Morocco;
7) Development of M&E methodology for M-LEARN project;
8) Handle project related documents (i.e. keeping accurate records of daily correspondence, organizing and maintaining proper filing of all project related documents) and collecting project related information ; liaise with relevant units for the procurement of the goods and services necessary for the implementation of the project activities, in compliance with IOM procurement rules and regulations.
3. Technical support to IOM Tunisia’s research agenda: The consultant shall be responsible for reviewing, together with the respective project managers, all deliverables provided by researchers, including inception reports, draft reports, and final reports, and for providing comments and inputs on deliverables. The studies to be supported are including the following:
A. Labour market analysis in Tunisia
B. Labour market analyses in counties of destination
C. Assessment and mapping of youth programs and mechanisms
D. Diaspora Mapping in Switzerland
E. Evaluation of Services Available for Migrant Workers
F. Assessment of causes and profiles of irregular migration in Tunisia.
Performance indicators for the evaluation of results:
• Successful implantation of M-LEARN work plan, ensuring targeted indicators are reached within the project duration;
• Technical support provided for studies facilitated the finalization of the studies.
Education, Experience and/or skills required
a) An advanced university degree (master degree/PhD/ Postdoctorate) awarded by an accredited university institution, preferably in economic, social, political studies or law and any other relevant fields;
b) Adequate professional experience for at least five years in research, preferably in relation to migration, combined with experience in carrying out analysis of institutional frameworks;
c) Demonstrated experience of at least three years in research analysis, methodologies…
d) Good knowledge desired in the field of labor migration, good knowledge of national policies and governmental institutional structures relating to labor migration in Tunisia;
e) Previous experience in migration data projects is considered an advantage;
f) Excellent writing skills, experience in writing reports, articles, briefing notes;
g) Experience in facilitating workshops, trainings, and in presenting research results;
h) Excellent proven analytical, interpersonal and organizational skills. Languages Excellent command of French (written and spoken) and good understanding of English; a good command of Arabic would be an asset.
The appointment will be subject to certification that the candidate is medically fit for appointment, accreditation, any residency or visa requirements, and security clearances. Subject to certain exemptions, vaccination against COVID-19 will in principle be required for individuals hired on or after 15 November 2021. This will be verified as part of the medical clearance process. https://tunisia.iom.int/sites/g/files/tmzbdl1056/files/inline-files/tn2022-016-call-for-applications-m-learn-research-consultant-readvertised.pdf
How to apply
The UN agency for Migration – IOM Tunisia is looking for a M-LEARN & Research Consultant according to the terms of reference stipulated below. Interested candidates are invited to submit their applications including: CVs and cover letter specifying the motivation for applications to [email protected] no later than 19 th June 2022; indicating the following reference code in the subject: TN2022-016- M-LEARN &Research Consultant.