Social Impact (SI) is a global development management consulting firm. We provide monitoring, evaluation, strategic planning, and capacity building services to advance development effectiveness. We work across all development sectors including democracy and governance, health and education, the environment, and economic growth. Since 1997, we have worked in over 100 countries for clients such as US government agencies, bilateral donors, multilateral development banks, foundations, and nonprofits.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Integrated Health Program Specialist, USAID Integrated Health Midterm Performance Evaluation
Locations: Abuja (FCT) & Bauchi
Timeline: May 2022 – September 2022
- USAID/Nigeria has engaged the MEL Support Activity to conduct an external Midterm Performance Evaluation of an integrated health activity.
- This Activity aims to contribute to state-level reductions in child and maternal morbidity and mortality and to increase the capacity of health systems (public and private) to sustainably support quality primary health care (PHC) services.
- The primary purpose of this mid-term performance evaluation is to determine whether the assistance is meeting the stated development objectives, and to inform the design of USAID’s next generation of healthcare interventions in Nigeria. It is intended to provide an independent examination of the overall progress and accomplishments of the Activity.
- The estimated start date will be May 15, 2022. The evaluation is expected to last until September 2022, and the estimated LOE will be 30 days, maximum.
- The Integrated Health Program Specialist will consult with the team and provide input to the deliverables throughout the duration of the evaluation.
- Contribute expertise and technical inputs to the work plan. Support the design of the evaluation, methodology, development of instruments, data collection, synthesis of data, presentations, and report.
- Perform desk review and identify additional information required for analysis.
- Schedule and interview key stakeholders and beneficiaries.
- In consultation with the Team Leader, support team’s ongoing analysis of qualitative and quantitative data.
- Support the preparation and presentation of the Inbrief and Out-brief to USAID/Nigeria and other stakeholders as requested.
- Write assigned sections of the draft Evaluation report in coordination with the team members, taking into consideration feedback from the Out-brief presentation.
- Support the Team Leader to respond to USAID comments on the draft report and prepare a final report.
- Work collaboratively with team members throughout design, implementation, analysis, and report writing to complement each other’s areas of expertise.
The candidate is expected to have the following qualifications:
- A Master’s Degree in Public Health, Health Economics, Demography/Population Studies, Sociology, Research, or related Social Science field. Medical Doctors preferred.
- Minimum of six years of experience working in integrated service delivery programs in Nigeria with strong bias for primary health care systems.
- Technical expert with experience implementing RMNCH, malaria and nutrition programs especially in the context of primary health care in Nigeria.
- Demonstrate strong experience with understanding of socio-cultural context with implementation of health interventions in Northern Nigeria.
- Good understanding of the Nigerian health system with demonstrable experience working with GON officials at the state and LGA levels.
- Experience with data collection procedures, surveys, interview guides and analysis of data.
- Strong communication skills, both interpersonal and written.
- S/he must demonstrate high command of English language written and verbal fluency.
Application Closing Date
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online
- Candidates are reviewed on a rolling basis; early submission is recommended.
- SI is an EEO/AA/ADA Veterans Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability or protected veteran status.
- Only selected candidates will be contacted for an interview. Please, no phone calls.