Addressing the root causes of irregular migration in Guatemala
Country : Guatemala
Source: International Organization for Migration
Career category: Archiving and Records Management
Years of experience : 3-5 years
The International Organization for Migration in Guatemala expects to address the root causes of irregular migration in Guatemala through a program that will adopt a flexible and adaptive approach to support community stabilization and resilience in areas with high rates of irregular migration, paying special attention to the needs of women, youth, and indigenous populations.
The intern will be located within the Resources Management Unit, RMU of the Project, in Guatemala City, to undertake an efficient archive, library, and records management of the Project under the overall authority of the Chief of Party and direct supervision of the Resources Management Officer. The consultant will be responsible to undertake the implementation of an e-filling and physical filling records management strategy for the Project in line with the International IOM e-filling standards and to establish a digital preservation program, based on international standards. The Intern will collaborate with the Area Chief Officers-Coordinators on the development of digital archival workflows in line with IOM policy, implementation and management of an electronic archiving system and provide support for electronic records management within the Project Units.
Responsibilities/Tasks to be performed:
In the context of building a trustworthy digital repository aggregating records from all relevant sources and ensuring their long-term preservation, as well as in the context of the planned transition to the rollout of online office productivity tools from IOM e-filling system, the activities will include:
a) Evaluate and provide expert advice for archiving management (digital and physical) to Roots Project team within the different operating areas in compliance with IOM Archiving Policy and in line with the International IOM e-filing system to be implemented in Guatemala in a near future.
b) Definition of Standard Operating Procedures for each operating area and define a digital procedure or workflow for relevant management actions in accordance with International IOM e-filling system
c) Elaborate the archiving structure (digital and physical) to be used for each operating area based on specific area needs to be analyzed with area coordinators addressing the most convenient approach that contributes to strengthen document management and maintain available core documentation for audit purposes.
d) Provide business logic to the externalized management services to enable integration of data sources according to the elaborated policies and to perform the configuration and maintenance of SharePoint archive tasks / file archiving tasks / Exchange public folder archiving tasks on premises and digitally.
e) Work closely with the operating areas of the Project to manage the electronic archiving system as business owner of the recordkeeping system.
f) Monitor and validate the archives and records management procedure for staff.
g) Provide records management guidance and training to personnel in all operating areas of the project, focusing on electronic and physical record keeping procedures and practices.
h) Suggest and recommend best practices based on developments in the digital and physical archiving international systems.
i) Deliver an implementation plan for physical and e-record management within the Project.
j) Provide timely advice and prompt feedback on all digital and physical archive issues.
k) Develop relevant policies and a communication plan to facilitate implementation.
l) Other activities requested according to experience and knowledge.
· Inclusion and respect for diversity: respects and promotes individual and cultural differences; encourages diversity and inclusion wherever possible.
· Integrity and transparency: maintains high ethical standards and acts in a manner consistent with organizational principles/rules and standards of conduct.
· Professionalism: demonstrates ability to work in a composed, competent, and committed manner and exercises careful judgment in meeting day-to-day challenges.
Core Competencies – behavioural indicators
· Teamwork: develops and promotes effective collaboration within and across units to achieve shared goals and optimize results.
· Delivering results: produces and delivers quality results in a service-oriented and timely manner; is action-oriented and committed to achieving agreed outcomes.
· Managing and sharing knowledge: continuously seeks to learn, share knowledge, and innovate.
· Accountability: takes ownership for achieving the Organization’s priorities and assumes responsibility for own action and delegated work.
· Communication: encourages and contributes to clear and open communication; explains complex matters in an informative, inspiring, and motivational way.
Education, Experience and/or skills required:
a) The digital archivist should have at least 3-5 years of experience in the field of Digital and Physical Archives and Records management
b) Experience with managing and developing creative content on web-platforms and SharePoint as an online collaboration platform is strongly desirable
c) Master in Archival science or a related field such as records and/or information management
d) Experience with public sector, international organizations or an organization of the United Nations system is desirable
e) The intern should be fluent in Spanish and English language
Provide at least one reference of similar work. Please provide the name of the person responsible for the work, phone number and email address. IOM reserves the right to contact the references without any prior notification.
How to apply
How to apply:
Interested candidates should send their CV and letter of interest-motivation letter for carrying out this work including a statement explaining the motivation and describing relevant experience supporting strong skills in the field as well as 3 relevant references (email, phone number and full name of the person-company) of the work related to the current position.
The above-mentioned documents should be sent to: iom[email protected] indicating the name and number of the publication.
· IOM will only contact preselected candidates.
· Due date for applications: June 16, 2022.
· Please take into consideration that IOM will only consider the applications that meet with the requirements, applications received after the due date will not be considered.
· The attached documents may not be higher than 2MB.
· The duration of the intern support will be 6 moths on a daily basis with possibility of extension.
· Monthly Subsistence Allowance: MSA of USD627.00 (equivalent in GTQ at UN monthly exchange rate)
· The application should include information about relatives currently working with IOM if it is the case.