Information Management System Support Consultant
Post of duty : Washington, D.C. United States
The IDB Group is a community of diverse, versatile, and passionate people who come together on a journey to improve lives in Latin America and the Caribbean. Our people find purpose and do what they love in an inclusive, collaborative, agile, and rewarding environment.
About this position
The Environmental and Social Solutions Unit (VPS/ESG) is responsible for ensuring that IDB financed projects and other activities are environmentally and socially sustainable and comply with the Bank’s environmental and social policies.
ESG has its own Information Management System (“ESG Compass”) adapted to the specific operations related activities that performs the Bank and the Unit. This system allows to have all information together in a customized tool developed in .NET.
We are looking for a highly motivated professional to join the ESG Operational Support Team. As an Information Management System Consultant, you will support the corrective maintenance and monitoring ESG Compass.
What you’ll do
- Help maintain the existing ESG Compass Information Management System by working on the IDB ServiceNow platform to resolve the created tickets by users in a timely and adequate manner.
- Collaborate on gathering functionality enhancements for the backlog of tickets/issues.
- Support the database management of the quality assurance function internal to ESG (Governance).
- Propose ways of achieving the business goals for ESG Compass.
- Help getting data sets from the source for analysis.
- Support the team with ongoing activities and training material development of the communication site in SharePoint for ESG Compass.
- Progress reports ongoing activities such as system maintenance, etc.
- Prepare ad hoc reports on ESG data.
What you’ll need
- Education: Bachelor’s degree in any of the following related fields: Computer Sciences, Information Technology, or related area.
- Experience: At least 2 years of relevant professional experience.
- Languages: Proficiency in English, Spanish desired.
- Soft Skills: Self-management, flexibility, dependability, relationship building, results-driven, with strong communication skills. Focus on clients.
- Technical skills: Proficiency with SQL, Azure DevOps Server. Knowledge of SharePoint. EzShare. Jira. MS Office (Word, Excel, Access, PowerPoint). Business Intelligence tools are a plus.
- Citizenship: You are a citizen of one of our 48-member countries.
- Consanguinity : You have no family members (up to the fourth degree of consanguinity and second degree of affinity, including spouse) working at the IDB, IDB Invest, or IDB Lab.
Type of contract and duration:
- Type of contract: International Consultant Full-Time.
- Length of contract: 12 months.
- Work Location: On site. Washington, D.C. (Headquarters)
What we offer
The IDB group provides benefits that respond to the different needs and moments of an employee’s life. These benefits include:
- A competitive compensation packages.
- Leaves and vacations : 2 days per month of contract + gender- neutral parental leave.
- Health Insurance : the IDB Group provides a monthly allowance for the purchase of health insurance.
- Savings plan : The IDB Group cares about your future, depending on the length of the contract, you will receive a monthly savings plan allowance.
- We offer assistance with relocation and visa applications for you and your family when it applies.
- Hybrid and flexible work schedules.
- Development support: We offer learning opportunities to boost your professional profile such as seminars, 1:1 professional counseling, and much more.
- Health and wellbeing: Access to our Health Services Center which provides preventive care and health education for all employees.
- Other perks: Lactation Room, Daycare Center, Gym, Bike Racks, Parking, and others.
At the IDB Group we work so everyone brings their best and authentic selves to work, willing to try new approaches without fear, and where they are accountable and rewarded for their actions.
Diversity, Equity, Inclusion and Belonging (DEIB) are at the center of our organization. We celebrate all dimensions of diversity and encourage women, LGBTQ+ people, persons with disabilities, Afro-descendants, and Indigenous people to apply.
We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job interview process. If you are a qualified candidate with a disability, please e-mail us at email@example.com to request reasonable accommodation to complete this application.
Our Human Resources Team reviews carefully every application.
About the IDB Group
The IDB Group, composed of the Inter-American Development Bank (IDB), IDB Invest, and the IDB Lab offers flexible financing solutions to its member countries to finance economic and social development through lending and grants to public and private entities in Latin America and the Caribbean.
We work to improve lives in Latin America and the Caribbean. Through financial and technical support for countries working to reduce poverty and inequality, we help improve health and education and advance infrastructure. Our aim is to achieve development in a sustainable, climate-friendly way. With a history dating back to 1959, today we are the leading source of development financing for Latin America and the Caribbean. We provide loans, grants, and technical assistance; and we conduct extensive research. We maintain a strong commitment to achieving measurable results and the highest standards of integrity, transparency, and accountability.
Follow us : https://www.linkedin.com/company/inter-american-development-bank/
- External Opening Date: Jul 18, 2023
- External Closing Date: Jul 25, 2023
- Job Field: Technical Support