Islamic Relief Worldwide is an independent humanitarian and development organisation, serving humanity for over 39 years. With an active presence in over 40 countries across the globe, we strive to make the world a better and fairer place for those affected by poverty, conflict and natural disasters.
IRW’s Network and Resource Development Division is recruiting for the position of ‘Individual Giving Manager’ on a permanent, full-time basis to join its dynamic team based out of its offices in Birmingham, UK. The organisation is currently operating to a hybrid working model.
The Individual Giving Manager is responsible for managing a team to raise the public profile of Islamic Relief in the Middle East region and ultimately raise funds to support programmes implemented around the world.
The role holder will manage all Islamic Relief’s digital channels and media engagement and develop a comprehensive engagement strategy to develop the brand in the region and significantly grow individual giving income.
The successful candidate must have or be:
- Educated to a degree level
- Additional qualification(s) in communications/fundraising/marketing would be advantageous
- Fluent in both Arabic and English is a must (reading, writing and spoken)
- Experience of developing branding and fundraising campaigns across the Middle East region
- Experience of working within the charity sector in the Middle East region
- Experience of engaging with Arabic language media to highlight a humanitarian cause or issue
- Experience of managing external agencies and contractors
- Demonstrable experience of managing a diverse team
- Demonstrable experience of budget-planning and monitoring
- Proven experience of managing digital platforms including website and social media
- Experience of managing projects, sometimes with competing deadlines
- Experience of coordinating appeals and campaigns across multiple teams and/or organisations
For more information, please click on the Documents tab above to view the full Job Description.
If you are talented, reliable, service-minded, resilient and a highly motivated professional looking for a meaningful career, with a strong commitment to IRW’s mission and values of sincerity, excellence, compassion, social justice and custodianship, please apply by completing our online application form.
For more information on the excellent company benefits we offer our employees, please visit:
PLEASE NOTE: Interviews are expected to take place in early to mid-January 2024.
Any employment with Islamic Relief will be subject to the following checks:
- screening clearance
- proof of eligibility to live and work within the UK
- receipt of satisfactory references
Please note, for UK-based roles, we are only able to accept applications from candidates who are eligible to work in the UK. We are unable to progress applications which would require sponsorship.
Our values and commitment to safeguarding
IRW is committed to preventing any type of unwanted behaviour at work including sexual harassment, exploitation and abuse, lack of integrity and financial misconduct; and committed to promoting the welfare of children, young people, adults and beneficiaries with whom IRW engages. IRW expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment through our code of conduct. We place a high priority on ensuring that only those who share and demonstrate our values are recruited to work for us.
The post holder will undertake the appropriate level of training and is responsible for ensuring that they understand and work within the safeguarding policies of the organisation.
All offers of employment will be subject to satisfactory references and appropriate screening checks, which can include criminal records checks. IRW also participates in the Inter Agency Misconduct Disclosure Scheme.
In line with this Scheme, we will request information from job applicants’ previous employers about any findings of sexual exploitation, sexual abuse and/or sexual harassment during employment, or incidents under investigation when the applicant left employment.
By submitting an application, the job applicant confirms his/her understanding of these recruitment procedures.
Islamic Relief is an equal opportunities employer