Malaria Consortium is one of the world’s leading non-profit organisations specialising in the comprehensive prevention, control and treatment of malaria and other communicable diseases among vulnerable and under privileged populations. We increasingly find our work on malaria can be effectively integrated with other similar public health interventions for greater impact and therefore expanded our remit to include child health and neglected tropical disease interventions.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Implementation Officer
- The role of the Implementation Officer is to ensure effective on-site quality delivery of IPTi activities through supporting and mentoring his/her team members to achieve program objectives.
- The Implementation officer ensures timely planning, implementation of activities, bearing in mind program targets.
- He/she interacts with the relevant government department, ensures implementation is aligned with approved protocols and keeps them updated on the program progress.
- She/ he plan joint efforts with relevant LGA and state immunization officers and other key stakeholders and ensure its implementation.
Scope of Work
- The Implementation officer supports the smooth roll-out of project activities in the state especially at the EPI service delivery points including direct support to frontline service providers. He/she is responsible for planning, implementation, reporting and stakeholder liaison.
Technical Support and Management:
- Oversee implementation of Intermittent Preventive Therapy for infants (IPTi) activities
- Train Field Officers on the implementation of Malaria Consortium’s IPTi project
- Ensure that supervision of both assessment and treatment services, and of community level implementation of the IPTi programme are carried out effectively
- Plan and coordinate community mobilization and education activities
- Regularly review IPTi training materials to ensure quality training
- Coordinate the planning and facilitation of training for Health facility and community health workers and supervisors, including the development of work plans
- Provide on-the-job supervision and training for Project Officers, Field Officers, community health workers.
Coordination and Representation:
- Provide overall planning and coordination of and Field Officers community health workers in training and supervision visits
- Liaise with key partners including the SMEP, SPHCDA local leaders, NGO partners, and other stakeholders (as necessary)
- Ensure strong coordination between the EPI and IPTi elements of the research study
- Attend health and LGA/Ward coordination meetings at the State level as directed by the State Programme Manager.
Administrative and Other Duties:
- Provide monthly written reports on activities to the Programme Manager
- Work with the finance department to prepare financial requests and ensure the timely reporting of expenditure
- Any other duties as required by the line manager
Qualifications and experience:
- Clinical Officer, Nurse or Public Health qualifications
- At least two years’ field experience
- Experience of managing large teams
- Strong background in training and capacity building
- Ability to find solutions to complex problems in a challenging environment
- Excellent planning and organisational skills
- Excellent written and spoken English
- Strong computer skills particularly Microsoft Office
- Flexible, ability to work both as an individual and as a team member and under stress in what can be a harsh environment
- A broad range of experience including logistics
- Experience working in drug/commodity supply management and health worker training
- Fluency in the spoken language of the region.
Application Closing Date
3rd July, 2022 (23:59 BST).
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online
- This role is conditional of Malaria Consortium securing funding for this role.
- Due to the nature of this role we will be reviewing applications on an ongoing basis and the role might be filled and closed before the closing date. Early applications are encouraged.
- To apply for this position you will need to have the right to work in Nigeria.