The IDB Group is a community of diverse, versatile, and passionate people who come together on a journey to improve lives in Latin America and the Caribbean. Our people find purpose and do what they love in an inclusive, collaborative, agile, and rewarding environment.
About this position
The Investment Operations Department (INO) is responsible for originating, structuring and monitoring IDB Invest’s transactions. The Department is comprised of three divisions responsible for originating and structuring transactions in each of IDB Invest’s priority industries: (i) Infrastructure and Energy, (ii) Corporates and (iii) Financial Intermediaries, and two transversal divisions responsible for (i) originating and structuring Financial Products and Services and (ii) the supervision of transactions after closing. In addition, the Department is also home to two teams responsible for (i) Marketing and Business Communications and (ii) Business Strategy, Planning and Resources.
We are looking for a dynamic and innovative Business Strategy, Planning and Resources Officer. You will report to the Head of Business Strategy, Planning and Resources Team (BPR), and will work closely and collaboratively with different areas within INO, as well as in close coordination with other IDB Invest’s Divisions regarding relevant projects/initiatives impacting INO.
What you’ll do : Your main responsibilities will be: (i) lead efforts to provide and improve the monitoring of transversal institutional goals; (ii) liaise with the Advisory Services Division (ADV) in the context of client’s value proposition and (iii) perform other activities related to BPR’s functions.
As part of this role, you will have the following specific responsibilities: (1) Monitoring of transversal institutional goals
- Support INO´s focus of transversal targets (i.e., Gender, Diversity and Inclusion (GDI); Climate Change; and MSMEs), by monitoring and supporting activities related to strategic reporting to measure IDB Invest’s performance throughout the year, as well as periodically estimating End-of-Year (EOY) performance/projections.
- Lead reporting efforts related to the Climate Finance KPIs, provide inputs for IDBG documents, MDB reports, CRF, etc., as needed, and monitor climate change indicators for mobilization.
- Contribute to the improvement of current and future KPIs definitions through analytical work, particularly with respect to incorporating mobilization to Climate Finance metrics, as well as capturing the new metric for green finance, if required.
- Maintain regular coordination with ADV to ensure information quality and timeliness is adequate when it comes to supporting the Business Monitoring efforts of collecting and analyzing quantitative and qualitative data used for reporting purposes
(2) Strategic business planning
- Contribute to the review of strategic and institutional documents and initiatives, as necessary.
- Contribute to the enhancement of IDB Invest’s financial and non-financial value proposition through the monitoring, strategic reporting, and analysis of non-financial solutions activity as it relates to INO’s financial transactions and pipeline.
- Support business monitoring efforts by collecting and analyzing quantitative and qualitative data related to business operations and value proposition.
- Provide support and back-up for current operational and quantitative business data management processes to support decision-making and monitoring of the annual operational program.
- Improve and manage qualitative data within BPR.
- Monitor the availability of 3rd party funds/donors.
- Support matters related to audits, evaluations and other initiatives centralized in BPR.
- Conduct research on relevant topics for the Investment Operations Department.
- Contribute to the drafting of presentations and talking points for internal and external events.
- Other duties as assigned by the Head of BPR.
What you’ll need
- Education: You hold a Master´s degree in business administration, finance, engineering, or another relevant field.
- Experience: You have between 5 and 10 years of professional work experience in financial institutions, business strategy, applied analysis or project management areas, consultancy firms and development finance institutions. Experience in sustainable finance, sectors and transversal agendas relevant for IDB Invest´s activities is desirable.
- Languages: Proficiency in Spanish and English, spoken and written, is required. Additional knowledge of French and Portuguese is preferable.
Technical track (without supervisory responsibilities:
- Learn continuously
- Collaborate and share knowledge
- Focus on clients
- Communicate and influence
- Innovate and try new things
- Citizenship: No requirements
- Consanguinity : You have no family members (up to the fourth degree of consanguinity and second degree of affinity, including spouse) working at the IDB, IDB Invest, or IDB Lab.
Type of contract and duration
- International: International staff contract, 36 months initially, renewable upon mutual agreement.
What we offer
The IDB group provides benefits that respond to the different needs and moments of an employee’s life. These benefits include:
- A competitive compensation package
- Leaves and vacations : 24 days of paid time off + 8 personal days + sick leave + gender- neutral parental leave
- Health Insurance : IDB Group provides employees and eligible dependents with a robust medical benefits program which covers medical, dental, vision, preventive care, and prescription drugs.
- Pension plan : defined benefit pension plan that provides financial security and support employees in planning for their future.
- We offer assistance with relocation and visa applications for you and your family , when it applies
- Hybrid and flexible work schedules
- Health and wellbeing: Access to our Health Services Center which provides preventive care and health education for employees.
- Development support : We offer tools to boost your professional profile such as mentoring, 1:1 professional counseling, training and learning opportunities, language classes, mobility options, among others.
- Other perks: Lactation Room, Daycare Center, Gym, Bike Racks, Parking, Spouse Career Program, and others.
At the IDB Group we work so everyone brings their best and authentic selves to work, willing to try new approaches without fear, and where they are accountable and rewarded for their actions.
Diversity, Equity, Inclusion and Belonging (DEIB) are at the center of our organization. We celebrate all dimensions of diversity and encourage women, LGBTQ+ people, persons with disabilities, Afro-descendants, and Indigenous people to apply.
We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job interview process. If you are a qualified candidate with a disability, please e-mail us at email@example.com to request reasonable accommodation to complete this application.
Our Human Resources Team reviews carefully every application.
About the IDB Group
The IDB Group, composed of the Inter-American Development Bank (IDB), IDB Invest, and the IDB Lab offers flexible financing solutions to its member countries to finance economic and social development through lending and grants to public and private entities in Latin America and the Caribbean.
About IDB Invest
IDB Invest, a member of the IDB Group, is a multilateral development bank committed to promoting the economic development of its member countries in Latin America and the Caribbean through the private sector. IDB Invest finances sustainable companies and projects to achieve financial results and improve economic, social, and environmental development in the region. With a portfolio of $16.3 billion in asset management and 394 clients in 25 countries, IDB Invest provides innovative financial solutions and advisory services that meet the needs of its clients in a broad range of industries.
- External Opening Date: Jul 14, 2023
- External Closing Date: Aug 4, 2023
- External Contact Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- External Contact Name: HR Service Center
- Job Field: Investment Management