**Qualified female candidates are strongly encouraged to apply!!!**
Under the oversight of the Chief CSDS and the general supervision of UNOPS Senior Programme Manager, or their respective delegated officers, the ICT Senior Officer will work on GIS and .NET solution development, designing and developing integrated location-based solutions for UN Peacekeeping and other UN customers.
Summary of key functions and duties:
- Requirements analysis and design
- Applications development and testing
- Maintenance and support
The main responsibilities will include but not limited to the following:
1. Requirements analysis and design
- Participate in preparing user requirements and other technical specifications;
- Undertake analysis of well-defined modules within the system, develop enhancements and new features to existing systems; may design, implement systems as needed;
- Ensure data security and integrity;.
- Assist in procurement, including conducting needs assessment and benchmarks, preparing technical specifications and evaluation criteria;
- Prepare, update and maintain system’s documentation and related technical/procedural manuals;
- Assist in the set-up and monitoring of software performance measures;
2. Application development and testing
- Undertake rigorous testing and proving of applications software;
3. Maintenance and support
- Draft training materials and conduct training sessions and demonstration of systems for users;
- Maintain assigned portions of systems, providing operational support for system’s applications, analyzing and implementing systems changes/upgrades etc;
- Prepare solution presentation and demoes and coordinate with clients to improve functionalities and eliminate software bugs;
- Liaise and establish adequate communications channels with the necessary units within the UNGSC and field missions to support optimal operations for applications and services;
- Provide support and assistance in responding to requests from field missions in deploying/configuring systems so as to conform to the standards;
- Integrate UN security and OR controls into developed solutions, making them in line with security rules and recommendations and enable solution’s resilience;
- Provide support to security incident response and management activities;
- Provide support in the planning, implementing, operating and maintaining of security controls;
- Provide support to draft documentation including, technical documentation, configuration and service operation manuals, project documents, presentation, and reports;
4. Perform other duties as may be reasonably required and in line with the incumbent’s scope of services above.
Impact of Results
The result of work of the ICT Senior Officer impacts on directly on delivery of services that satisfy the requirements of the Section as well as the performance of the services implemented. It will also ensure proper processes and methodologies are followed and implemented according to the latest of the industry standards. The incumbent is responsible for ensuring activities for all global locations are in line with the overall business targets and UN policies, rules and regulations.
- Advanced university degree (Master’s degree or equivalent) in electronics, technical or communication engineering, computer science, geospatial sciences or related fields.
- A first-level university degree (Bachelor’s degree) in combination with qualifying experience may be accepted in lieu of the advanced university degree.
- A minimum of two (2) years of progressively responsible professional experience with the geospatial platform, web and/or mobile development and programming language or related areas;
- A minimum of one (1) year of experience with tabular and geo-database systems, software programming languages and web technology.
- A minimum of two (2) years of experience with development of .NET applications
- Experience on the Geocortex platform (Workflow Design, Report design, Web and Mobile applications development);
- Excellent SharePoint configuration and development experience;
- Hands on Power BI experience is highly desirable
- Experience in developing mobile applications for Android and IOS;
- Experience in automating application testing using LeapWork;
- Experience in developing with Java, Phyton and other high level development languages;
- Experience in applying Agile and DevOps methodologies and active use of AzureDevOps platform;
- Experience in applying Business Relationship Management best practices for requirements gathering and client engagement
- Experience in applying ITIL4 methodology
- Experience in coordination of application development within a team of .NET developers as well as scrum master role;
- Excellent communication skills.
- English (write, speak, read) is required for this post.
- Knowledge of one or more official UN languages will be considered an asset.
How to apply
Please apply via the link https://jobs.unops.org/Pages/ViewVacancy/VADetails.aspx?id=24102
Or apply via UNOPS jobs portal at: https://jobs.unops.org/