Counterpart International is seeking two Associates to join the New Business Development (NBD) team to support the team’s administrative, coordination, and communication efforts. The Associate will report to the Associate Director of NBD and is responsible for providing administrative support to new business and proposal efforts.
This position is ideal for candidates who are highly organized, interested in pursuing a career in international development, and seeking to grow in the field of international development. Counterpart is committed to the growth of our employees, and we intend to prepare the Associate to serve as a Proposal Coordinator on United States Agency for International Development (USAID), United States Department of Agriculture (USDA), and Department of State (DOS) proposals.
- Conduct daily screening of USAID’s business forecast and other websites to identify relevant business development opportunities and communicate this information with the Program Directors and NBD team.
- Conduct research for potential opportunities as requested by Program Directors and the NBD team to inform Counterpart’s pursuit decisions.
- Provide coordination and administrative support to proposal teams, including:
- Editing, formatting, and packaging of technical and cost proposals.
- Documenting discussions and decisions in important meetings.
- Ensuring information, folders, and documents are appropriately saved on SharePoint.
- Supporting the logistics of Counterpart staff and consultant travel.
- Developing and writing past performance, resumes, and qualification statements.
- Assisting with proposal’s schedule development, outline, calendars, data calls, and content research. Drafting Teaming Agreements for partners.
- Representing Counterpart at industry events and at partner meetings as needed.
- Support ongoing knowledge management efforts and appropriate documentation on SharePoint.
- Provide overall logistical support to the NBD team, including travel logistics, meeting coordination, and documenting minutes of meeting.
- Perform other duties and responsibilities as required.
- Bachelor’s degree in international development, public policy, public management, or another relevant field.
- One year of experience working in administrative functions.
- Intermediate user of Microsoft Excel and Microsoft Office.
- Strong writing and formatting skills.
- Comfortable working and communicating in a fast-paced and dynamic environment and under pressure against tight deadlines.
- Strong interpersonal and teamwork skills; self-motivated, detail-oriented, self-directed, and curious.
- Previous experience in international development.
- Experience using SharePoint.
- Language skills in French, Spanish, Arabic, or Russian.
Annual Salary Range: $58,446- $75,980
How to apply
To apply, please use the following link:
Counterpart is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer and does not discriminate in its selection and employment practices. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, political affiliation, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, disability, protected veteran status, genetic information, age, or other legally protected characteristics. Military veterans, Ameri-Corps, Peace Corps, and other national service alumni are encouraged to apply.
Accessibility Notice: If you need reasonable accommodation for any part of the employment process due to a physical or mental disability, please send an email to email@example.com. Please view Affirmative Action/Equal Employment Opportunity Posters provided by OFCCP here.
Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision: Counterpart will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant.
Only finalists will be contacted. No phone calls, please.