Reference Number: 230367
Position Level: AS 7
Department: Budget, People, and Management Systems Department
Division: Culture and Talent Division
Location: Asian Development Bank Headquarters
Date Posted: Wednesday, June 21, 2023
Closing Date: Wednesday, July 5, 2023 11:59 p.m. (2359 Manila Time, 0800 GMT)
Asian Development Bank (ADB) is an international development finance institution headquartered in Manila, Philippines and is composed of 68 members, 49 of which are from the Asia and Pacific region. ADB is committed to achieving a prosperous, inclusive, resilient, and sustainable Asia and the Pacific, while sustaining its efforts to eradicate extreme poverty. ADB combines finance, knowledge, and partnerships to fulfill its expanded vision under its Strategy 2030.ADB only hires nationals of its 68 members.This position is assigned in the Culture and Talent Division (BPCT) within the Budget, People and Management Systems Department (BPMSD). In support of the evolving strategic priorities of ADB, BPCT offers integrated solutions and approaches to talent issues and enables a culture where people grow and thrive. The members of BPCT aspire to be curious, courageous, and collaborative in our work, and our work deliverables are designed to strengthen key organizational capabilities to ’empower people and enable the extraordinary’. BPCT’s work encompasses a range of functional areas including organizational culture, employee engagement, talent management and development, and related HR policies.Job Purpose The Human Resource Administrator will undertake and coordinate a range of analytical and technical support to the design and implementation of various initiatives and programs within the division’s Center of Excellence (CoE) primarily supporting employee engagement, culture transformation, New Ways of Working and employee well-being. The incumbent may be asked to support projects covering diversity, inclusion and belonging when needed. The incumbent will report to designated International Staff.Responsibilities
- Provide efficient and timely technical, and analytical support in the development and implementation of staff engagement activities and HR surveys including bank-wide staff engagement surveys. This includes support to the design and implementation of staff engagement activities and to internal stakeholders on the use of the staff engagement survey platform including the generation of staff engagement survey reports. The incumbent will also conduct market research to support analysis, assist in analyzing survey data and draft reports, and liaise on administrative and technical matters with the staff engagement survey provider.
- Conduct market research, assist in analyzing data and drafting visually appealing presentations and reports across the CoE’s areas of responsibilities, and in particular to activities related to staff engagement and culture transformation.
- Review requests from internal and external stakeholders and liaise with Employee Resource Groups to maintain engagement with the CoE’s areas of work. Prepare responses and provide feedback on inquiries, using good judgement to escalate or seek input when needed, and coordinate with other divisions across the Bank as necessary.
- Administer contracts through the Consultant Management System and effectively manage the contract lifecycle for experts sourced externally by ADB to deliver key program initiatives. Engage and liaise with consultants on contract matters. Support the procurement processes by assisting in the drafting of terms of reference and conducting market research.
- Assist with budget preparation and monitoring of budget for the CoE’s programs.
- Monitor the efficiency and effectiveness of work methods and processes and make improvements as required.
- Maintain good working relationships with internal clients and stakeholders and assist in meeting specific requests for support from other departments/divisions in ADB when needed.
- Perform other tasks as assigned and reflected in the incumbent’s workplan.
Relevant Experience & Requirements
- Bachelor’s degree in Human Resource Management, Psychology, Business or Public Administration, Social Sciences, or related fields.
- At least 5 years of relevant professional experience in the same line of work with strong analytical skills and business knowledge of relevant human resources management areas.
- Excellent communication and presentation skills including experience in making strong and visually appealing communication materials using various software.
- Structured way of working with good coordination skills and great attention to detail.
- IT savvy and proficient with Sharepoint, Microsoft Office, particularly MS Excel, Word, and PowerPoint.
- Cultural sensitivity and ability to work with individuals from different cultural/national backgrounds and able to work collaboratively with teams as a constructive team member.
- Ability to work with minimum supervision and maintain composure under pressure.
- A growth mindset with willingness and curiosity for developing competencies outside of own expertise.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills in English
Please refer to the link for ADB Competency Framework Administrative Staff level 7.
General Considerations The selected candidate, if new to ADB, is appointed for an initial term of 3 years.ADB offers competitive remuneration and a comprehensive benefits package. Actual appointment salary will be based on ADB’s standards and computation, taking into account the selected individual’s qualifications and experience.ADB seeks to ensure that everyone is treated with respect and given equal opportunities to work in an inclusive environment. ADB encourages all qualified candidates to apply regardless of their racial, ethnic, religious and cultural background, gender, sexual orientation or disabilities. Women are highly encouraged to apply.Please note that the actual level and salary will be based on qualifications of the selected candidate.