Title: HTS & Prevention Advisor (Temp. Hire)
Reports To: Technical Director
HTS & Prevention Advisor will lead and ensure sustainable, high quality and client focused targeted HIV testing and counselling (linkage to prevention, treatment and care services) and provide HTS in line with national requirements and standards. S/he will ensure lead RISE state on HTS initiatives, develop strategies to strengthen testing and referrals across HTS points and the relevant health facilities for appropriate referral of clients. S/he will also be responsible for ensuring a functional referral linkage system.
- Lead in the coordination of community and facility based HTS for the target population of interest across state
- Collaborate for the successful roll out and implementation of targeted HTS for target populations.
- Work to establish and strengthen effective referral linkage between community outreach services and care and treatment facilities.
- Lead at national level all RISE related HTS initiatives, including engagement with USAID on HTS
- Lead and coordinate VALOR initiatives, finding men and other target group focused programs for HTS
- Collaborate with State reference laboratories to implement proficiency testing and other diagnostic quality assurance.
- Assist in developing M&E tools related to HIV testing and other diagnostic services of the project at different levels.
- Produce and ensure timely submission of monthly/quarterly program activity reports for HTS for the project.
- S/he provides HIV testing to priority populations according to the national HIV testing protocols and guidelines
- S/he establishes and strengthens good working relationship with other implementing partners and stakeholders.
- S/he ensures that HIV testing quality assurance practices are always performed at all times according to the national requirements.
- S/he performs any other duty as assigned by the Technical Team.
- Master degree in Public health, health sciences, social sciences or related field and its equivalent experience with a formal qualification on HIV testing related fields.
- Minimum of at least 7-8 years of experience in design and implementation of monitoring, of HIV testing services
- Advanced computer skills in Excel, Word processing, Database management, SPSS or other statistical packages
- Excellent writing and verbal communication skills.
- Good strategic and analytical thinking and ability to interpret public health and epidemiological data
- Familiarity with USAID regulations is desired.
How to apply
Method of Application:
Interested and qualified consultants should apply using this link: https://jobs-jhpiego.icims.com/jobs/4629/hts-and-prevention-advisor-%28temporary-hire%29/job
Application Closing date:
Close of Business Friday 10th June 2022
- Qualified female applicants are encouraged to apply.
- We reserve the right to close this vacancy early if a suitable candidate is found.
- Only shortlisted candidates will receive an invitation for an interview
- JHU is an Equal Opportunity Employer
For further information about Jhpiego, please visit our website at www.jhpiego.org