HR Analyst, Client Services
Job #: req23053
Sector: Human Resources
Term Duration: 3 years 0 months
Recruitment Type: Local Recruitment
Required Language(s): English
Preferred Language(s): Closing Date: 6/27/2023 (MM/DD/YYYY) at 11:59pm UTC
IFC—a member of the World Bank Group—is the largest global development institution focused on the private sector in emerging markets. We work in more than 100 countries, using our capital, expertise, and influence to create markets and opportunities in developing countries. In fiscal year 2022, IFC committed a record $32.8 billion to private companies and financial institutions in developing countries, leveraging the power of the private sector to end extreme poverty and boost shared prosperity as economies grapple with the impacts of global compounding crises. For more information, visit www.ifc.org .
IFC’s Human Resources (HR) Department provides strategic partnership to the business to develop and implement workforce strategies and meet organizational goals, including attracting, developing and deploying diverse and skilled talent.
- Client Services – offers strategic HR partnership, program implementation, support and solutions to staff and management globally;
- Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion – supports the organization to build a diverse workforce, embrace equity, and foster an inclusive workplace;
- Employment Framework and Recruitment – develops and supports HR strategy, policies/procedures, communications, and knowledge management; drives HR initiatives, such as staff engagement and Board reporting; and delivers recruitment solutions;
- Talent and Incentives – designs best practice HR solutions in onboarding, mentoring, career management and mobility, performance/talent management, incentives and awards, and leadership development.
The HR department is looking for an HR Analyst for our Middle East, Central Asia, Turkiye , Pakistan and Afghanistan (MCT) HR team, based in Istanbul, Turkiye. The Analyst will report to the Manager, HR Client Services based in Washington, D.C. and co-report to the regional HRBP.
The IFC MCT region has two main hubs in Istanbul, Turkiye and Amman, Jordan, where the core Regional Management Team is mainly based. The regional Vice President is based in Washington DC.
The contract duration is three years, with a possible extension subject to individual performance, cultural fit and budget availability.
Duties and Accountabilities:
The HR Analyst will partner with one Senior HR Business Partner and one Senior HR Assistant in MCT in the delivery and detailed execution of HR products and services to IFC clients.
S/he will provide analytical support, run HR databases, produce periodic and ad hoc reports, create and maintain HR information and reporting systems, and support staff in matters concerning recruitment, mobility, performance management, workforce planning, training and career development.
The following is a sample of duties and accountabilities:
- Develop a solid understanding of the rationale underlying HR policies to guide staff and management in the interpretation of such policies & procedures
- Support the implementation of HR Programs and results in IFC
- Using the existing HR information systems, conduct general research, analysis and interpretation of data; provide information regarding staffing issues and prepare summary reports and presentations as needed to strengthen HR’s support to IFC’s strategic objectives and global footprint. This includes not only data retrieval but also interpretation and write-up of analysis and recommendations on an independent basis with minimum supervision.
- In consultation with relevant subject matter experts, troubleshoot and problem-solve process and data issues when they arise and develop quality assurance practices to catch and resolve issues
- Work across the teams to assist in the development of standard methodology reports, presentations, metrics that build consistent approaches and practices in these areas
- Support HR Department’s initiative to improve data quality and accuracy in systems
- Design innovative and customized reports on the basis of assessed client needs to fill information gaps and enable strategic decision making
- Using developed templates, tools and systems to run HR processes, support client teams with the delivery and implementation of key HR products, processes and services such as: performance management, talent management, recruitment, onboarding, workforce planning, Diversity and Inclusion etc.
- Prepare regular staffing analyses, formal reports, briefs, or presentations to the team and/or for guidance to clients
- Broad Business Thinking- Maintains an in-depth understanding of the long term implications of decisions both for department and the client’s business
- Proven Experience – Human Resources Programs and Policies- Demonstrates detailed knowledge and understanding of HR policies, practices and systems
- Project/Program Management- Able to serve on project teams and executes sets of tasks for the completion of complex projects and communicates the achievement of key project milestones to ensure on-track completion of projects
- Deliver Results for Clients – Contributes to delivery of results for clients on complex issues.
- Collaborate Within Teams and Across Boundaries
- Master’s degree in Business Administration, Human Resources, Finance, Business, or a similar field is desired but not required, and minimum of 2 years of meaningful experience; or a minimum of 4 years of experience plus a bachelor’s degree.
- Proficient in written and spoken English Knowledge of a language of the region is an advantage .
- Experience working in global companies or organizations based in MCT region would be a distinct advantage.
- Solid knowledge of HR systems and tools.
- Validated experience in analytical skills (especially HR Analytics): proven track record of conducting research and analysis, data mining, report generation, good narrative grasp of ‘the story behind the numbers’, and ability to articulate issues and recommend solutions to aid management in decision-making.
- Proven knowledge of core HR areas: compensation/benefits, strategic staffing, performance management, career development, staffing and recruitment, and case management
- Proficiency in HR Systems and Microsoft Windows applications, especially a proficient use of Excel, Word and Power Point, including advanced spreadsheet design, lookup tables, manipulation, and analysis skills. Experience in Power BI, Tableau or other data visualization tools desirable.
- Professional integrity, willingness and flexibility to ‘roll-up your sleeves’ to engage in all aspects of HR work from identification and design to implementation
- Strong oral and written communications and presentation skills, ability to translate complex data for a variety of audiences, and experience with preparing client-ready materials.
- Strong quality control orientation; attention to detail.
- Proven ability to work in a fast paced and dynamic work environment, with shifting work priorities and demands
- High level of integrity, tact and discretion when handling sensitive and confidential information
- Ability to multitask, meet tight deadlines, and attend to details while staying focused on key priorities
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
World Bank Group Core Competencies
The World Bank Group offers comprehensive benefits, including a retirement plan; medical, life and disability insurance; and paid leave, including parental leave, as well as reasonable accommodations for individuals with disabilities.
We are proud to be an equal opportunity and inclusive employer with a dedicated and committed workforce, and do not discriminate based on gender, gender identity, religion, race, ethnicity, sexual orientation, or disability.
Learn more about working at the World Bank and IFC, including our values and inspiring stories.