Palladium is a global leader in the design, development and delivery of Positive Impact – the intentional creation of enduring social and economic value. We work with governments, businesses, and investors to solve the world’s most pressing challenges. With a team of more than 3,000 employees operating in 90 plus countries and a global network of over 35,000 experts, we help improve economies, societies and, most importantly, people’s lives.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Health Informatics Intern
Requisition ID: req14690
Project Overview and Role
- Data.FI is a five-year global project funded by the U.S. Agency for International Development (USAID) to support the HIV and COVID-19 response. Data.FI partners with programs to accelerate and sustain access to high-quality data to expedite HIV and COVID-19 epidemic control and maintenance. By improving global, regional, national, and community/local in-depth analyses of HIV and COVID-19 epidemiologic and programmatic data, Data.FI expedites program achievements to improve client services and attain and sustain control of the epidemics.
- Data.FI supports host country governments to enhance existing health information systems (HIS), informing management responses to gaps in programming and sustaining impact by supporting local partner transition.
Purpose of Position
- We are recruiting interns for the health informatics unit to support the design, development, testing, implementation, and documentation of all Data.FI-supported electronic information systems.
- The interns will also be responsible for a wide range of duties including supporting the Health Informatics Community of Practice (HI-CoP) and managing the informatics service desk in addition to general ICT support for system users and implementing partners.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities
- Contribute to all phases of web application and mobile app development lifecycles. Take part in software and architectural development activities.
- Participate in the design, coding, and testing of new program modules or revisions to existing programs.
- Conduct software analysis, testing, and debugging. Identify production and non-production application issues.
- Participate in the preparation and release of software components.
- Support Informatics governance and participate in the HI-COP.
- Responsible for the HI-CoP and project service desk and providing general ICT support for users.
- Compile the documentation for the application and users’ guides.
- Management of the HI-CoP and other websites, and social media pages as necessary.
- Any other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Software Engineering, Information Technology, Computer Science, Health Informatics, or its recognized equivalent with 1-3 years post National Youth Service relevant experience.
- Self-drive with attention to detail.
- Critical thinking ability.
- Strong problem-solving capacity.
- Ability to work under pressure and to tight deadlines.
- Familiarity with Nigerian public-sector health systems and NGOs and CBOs is desirable.
Application Closing Date
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online