Head of Programme Development and Quality
Salary: £36,730 per anum
Location: Kabul, Afghanistan
Contract Type: Fixed Term, 24 months
Hours: Full Time
Closing Date**: 16th November 2023**
The Head of Programme Development and Quality would be responsible to:
- Provide strategic leadership and expertise to the programme development and quality in Afghanistan.
- Design, technical & backstopping, monitor and report high quality and high impact programming in Afghanistan.
- Ensure IR Afghanistan’s programmes meets Islamic Relief Quality Standards.
- Ensure the development and utilization of best practice for technical interventions.
- Network with, and represent Islamic Relief to partners (government authorities, donors, INGOs, local NGOs, CBOs etc)
- Represent Islamic Relief Afghanistan at relevant forums.
- Lead and effectively contribute to Country Strategies and yearly plans.
- Ensure capacity building and growth of programmes staff capacities and skillsets
The Successful candidate must have or be;
- Substantial experience of working with various International NGOs in developing countries.
- An in depth understanding of national and international development issues particularly community development.
- Experience of developing proposals for a variety of donors.
- Experience of successfully fundraising and dealing with EC, ECHO, UN and FCDO.
- Experience of developing links with INGOs, Government agencies, Institutional donors and other stakeholders.
- Experience of and commitment to participatory management and maintaining a supportive, open environment to ensure the learning and development of all staff.
- Experience of managing and mentoring local and international staff.
- Familiarity with the Sustainable Development Goals, Sphere Standards, Do no harm policy, Red-Cross/Red-crescent Code of Conduct, Humanitarian Accountability Programme etc.
Islamic Relief is a faith-inspired humanitarian aid and development agency working to save and transform the lives of some of the world’s most vulnerable people. We work in over 45 countries, assist people of all faiths and none according to need and do not discriminate in any way. Our proximity means we can often respond swiftly to emergencies and work in areas that other organisations cannot access.
We are the only UK-based Muslim faith-inspired charity to have been certified against the Core Humanitarian Standard on Quality and Accountability (CHS), which is designed to ensure that charities best meet the needs of the communities they serve.
Islamic Relief is a member of the Disasters Emergency Committee (DEC), we have Consultative Status with the UN Economic and Social Council, and we are a signatory to the Code of Conduct for the International Red Cross and Red Crescent Movement.
How to apply
If you are talented, reliable, service minded, resilient and a highly motivated professional looking for a meaningful career, with a strong commitment to IRW’s mission and values of sincerity, excellence, compassion, social justice and custodianship, please visit www.islamic-relief.org and apply by completing our online application form. Afghan Nationals are encouraged to apply.