The Excellence Community Education Welfare Scheme (ECEWS) is a leading and reputable indigenous non-for profit organization that promotes access to qualitative healthcare, education and economic strengthening opportunities for all Nigerians. With its headquarters in Uyo, Akwa Ibom State and a corporate office in Abuja, ECEWS has presence in 17 States across the South-South, South East, South West and North Central Nigeria with a strong client portfolio with the United States Agency for International
Development (USAID), Global Fund to fight against AIDS, TB and Malaria, United States Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (US CDC), The United Nations office of Projects, World Bank & Federal Government of Nigeria. Since its founding in 2001, ECEWS has built a vast network of health and allied professional staff, partners and collaborators which has earned her a solid reputation among its funders and is well regarded by competitors and partners alike
The Accelerating Control for HIV Epidemic Project (ACE) funded by the United States Agency for International Development (USAID), is a 5 Year funded project implemented in Akwa Ibom & Cross River States. Implementation is targeted at achieving epidemic control thereby reducing transmission and improving the quality of life of those living with HIV.
Level of Effort
Full Time (8.00am to 5.00pm Mondays – Friday) 100%
Number of Persons Required
This position reports to the Director of Finance and Operations
- Responsible for managing and supporting the grants activities of the Accelerating Control of HIV Epidemic project in Akwa Ibom and Cross River State, a five-year, HIV program funded by USAID and managed by ECEWS.
- Oversee and monitor the implementation of activities, reporting, communications, and other functions to ensure successful execution of ACE-awarded grants in Akwa Ibom and Cross River states.
Task / Responsibility
- Conduct routine monitoring and evaluation of grantee activities, validating and documenting activities, providing clear feedback in areas which may require improvement to achieve ACE program goals, and safeguarding against any potential or perceived misuse of funds.
- Organize and maintain meticulous records for each grantee, tracking and ensuring all necessary documentation (including individual grant agreements, milestones certifications, and payment requests/vouchers) are on file and are implemented on schedule.
- Act as primary contact point for all ACE grantees regarding technical inputs, progress on implementation, grant award inquiries, deliverables and milestones, budgets, payments, documentation, and compliant grant close-out.
- Serve as liaison between grantees, ACE technical/financial staff, and the ECEWS HQ to clearly document and address any necessary issues or challenges encountered during grant implementation.
- Work closely with individual grantees to identify and rectify any delays or problems encountered in the implementation of the grants, ensuring issues are reported immediately to the Finance and Administrative Manager and appropriate technical managers.
- Participate in the design and solicitation process for future awards as well as the selection of additional grantees; assume a lead role to ensure the process is wellmanaged and conducted in a timely manner so as to eliminate administrative funding gaps between each new set of grant awards.
- Ensure grantee adherence to ECEWS and donor funding requirements and act as a mentor as needed on USAID/ECEWS regulations.
- Assist ECEWS staff (back-stop and Contracting Officer) with accurate tracking and reporting for federally-mandated reports as they relate to recipients of US Government funding.
- Manage the compliant close-out of grants awarded by the ACE Project.
- Oversee the coordination of timely payment based on approved milestones; work closely with grantees to enable CBOs to complete any delayed or incomplete milestones.
- Assist with the financial oversight and review/processing of payment documentation (receipts) for any cost reimbursable ACE grants (standard grants) as necessary.
- Collaborate with program staff to establish the program’s annual objectives and outline how to allocate the budget.
- Design and deliver assistance and training as appropriate for future grants programs to educate grantees on grant mechanism-specific (ie, FOG or standard grant) US Government regulations and requirements and provide mentorship in writing grant proposals, budgets, and obtaining donor funding.
- Draft regular reports on the grantees’ progress and activities for senior and technical management
- Contribute to project work plans, budgets, and annual/quarterly reporting. Other duties as assigned by the Director of Finance & Operations.
- BSc. in Business Administration, Accounting or related field and 7 – 9 years relevant experience;
- MSc./MBA with 5 – 7 years relevant experience in an NGO setting
- 4 years of experience in a managerial role required.
- Prior experience working for an NGO.
- Experience and good working knowledge of USAID and other US Government organizations’ rules and regulations
- Demonstrate experience and familiarity with grant-making mechanisms and grantee management; experience administering FOGs is highly preferred.
- Knowledge of and prior experience with US Government rules, requirements, and regulations (such as familiarity with ADS 303) on solicitations and second-tier funding by prime recipients.
- Ability to effectively work independently.
- High-level organization and documentation skills, including the ability to track and manage the activities of others (grantees).
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office applications such as MS Word, Excel, and Power
- Excellent diplomatic and communication skills, including strong written and oral abilities in English
Typical Physical Demands:
- Typical office environment
Technology to be used:
- Personal Computer, Microsoft Office 365 (i.e. Word, Excel, PowerPoint, e-mail), office telephone, cell phone and printer/copier.
- Ability to travel a minimum of 50%.
This vacancy will close on the 2nd of June, 2022
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should send a detailed resume and a one-page cover letter as one (1) MS Word document explaining suitability for the position to Human Resources Unit through this email address: [email protected]
APPLICATION MUST EXPLICITLY STATE YOUR FULL NAMES, THE POSITION OF INTEREST WITH PREFERED LOCATION as the subject of the email.
Candidates are advised to provide three professional referees with email addresses and phone numbers.
Eligible female applicants are encouraged to apply. ECEWS has a competitive compensation package and is an equal opportunity employer (EOE) ECEWS does not charge candidates a fee for a test or interview.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.