Creative Associates International is a dynamic, fast-growing global development firm that specializes in education, economic growth, democratic institutions and stabilization. Based in Washington, D.C., Creative has a field presence in more than 25 countries with a strong client portfolio that includes the U.S. Agency for International Development and the State Department, among others. Since its founding in 1977, Creative has earned a solid reputation among its clients and is well-regarded by competitors and partners alike.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Grants Assistant
Location: Abuja (FCT)
Division: Economic Growth
- The Grants Assistant will support the Grant Officer’s and Grants Manager with the oversight of all grants activities, including ensuring efficient and proper controls for USAID grant compliance and reporting; coordinating training and grants administration with grantees; and review and submission of financial reports as required for each grant.
Reporting & Supervision:
- The Grants Assistant will report to the Lead Grants Manager.
- Conduct initial eligibility review for full applications submitted by applicants
- Obtain organization documents from applicants (e.g., registration, relevant policies) and complete due diligence review
- Vet applicant details through excluded party lists using the Trade Hub’s vetting system
- Conduct pre-award assessments with shortlisted applicants, seeking input from the applicant, the Public Private Partnerships (PPP) team, and Finance as needed
- With support from Grants and finance officers as needed, conduct initial detailed review of budgets developed by PPP with applicants
- Maintain supporting documentation in SharePoint and ensure all required documents are uploaded to the Trade Hub’s grants management system, SMART
- Support Grants Officer and Manager to prepare grant negotiation memo
- Obtain signatures on finalized Environmental Review Form (EFR) prepared by Environmental Compliance Officer and upload to SMART
- Ensure finalized conflict risk assessment is complete and uploaded to SMART
- Support grantees to submit grant payment requests in SMART
- Conduct compliance review of payment request in parallel to PPP and monitoring, evaluation, and learning (MEL) staffs’ review/validation of payment means of verification (MOVs) submitted by grantees
- Ensure that the correct accounting information has been entered on the payment request prior to submission to Finance
- Maintain supporting documentation in SharePoint and ensure all required documents are uploaded to SMART
- Using the grant closeout checklist, ensure grant record and all required documentation in SMART is complete and that the grant file in SharePoint is neatly organized and audit ready
- Liaise with Finance to ensure all payments are complete, amounts in local currency/USD are final, and that disbursed amounts are within the approved ceiling.
Required Skills & Qualifications
- High School Diploma is required in or professional accounting/financial qualification or relevant qualification.
- Minimum of one (1+) year plus experience in grant management, including disbursements and reporting and one (1+) year plus of general experience.
- Demonstrated experience in financial administration, budget and cost control management is essential;
- Knowledge of USAID Rules and Regulations, previous experience working on USAID-funded projects is preferred;
- Excellent record keeping, and documentation skills; and
- Good communication and interpersonal skills.
- Ability to analyse data and suggest areas of improvement.
- Understanding of cost-share and/or leveraging preferred.
Application Closing Date
14th July, 2022.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should send their CV in PDF or Word format as one document to: firstname.lastname@example.org using the Job Title as the subject of the mail.
- Only finalists will be contacted. No phone calls, please.
- Creative Associates International Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer: Disability / Veteran.