Sened is an independent, non-governmental, non-profit organization established in 2013 and registered in Turkey with No. 27-15-175; It arose in response to the suffering of Syrian refugees in Turkey & internally displaced persons in Syria as a result of the war waged by the Syrian regime on its own people and torn apart the entire country. Sened works through the humanitarian work sectors to empower persons with disabilities, their families and communities, advocate for their issues and include their voice in their communities. Sened has become a specialized NGO in the field of working with persons with disabilities and their families since 2015. It takes the aspirations of the founders, persons with disabilities and their families, and the UN Convention on the Rights of Persons with Disabilities (CRPD) as a compass for its work.
Reporting to the Project Manager, the Food Security and Livelihood (FSL) Officer is responsible for the daily planning, implementation, supervision, monitoring, and reporting of food security and livelihoods activities. S/he will ensure proper coordination with stakeholders and work remotely from Gaziantep on Food Security and Livelihoods in NWS. Additionally, S/he will be part of the team responsible for preparing new project proposals and implementing current activities.
- Directly coordinate, supervise, and lead the implementation of all food security and livelihood activities in NWS, in coordination with project officers and team leaders, ensuring alignment with methodology, processes, and SOPs.
- Develop project plans.
- Monitor targets and budgets to ensure the successful completion of activities.
- Manage supplier selection and contract processes.
- Coordinate the provision of media content to internal and external stakeholders within the project scope.
- Review, track, and provide input for monthly, interim, and final project reports (both narrative and financial), considering project objectives and work plans, and promptly notify the Line Manager of any issues related to timeliness or quality.
- Facilitate the integration of food security and livelihood support activities into other sectors, such as early recovery and nutrition, through coordination and linkages.
- Plan, develop, organize, and deliver capacity-building and development activities to enhance the staff’s skills in food security and livelihoods project approaches.
- Conduct regular meetings with staff to review implementation progress, address bottlenecks and challenges, provide technical and operational advice, and offer guidance and orientation.
- Assist in developing the food security and livelihoods program strategy, identifying new areas of intervention, and fostering ongoing initiatives.
- Coordinate with Monitoring and Evaluation (M&E) to ensure timely beneficiary verification and Post Distribution Monitoring and collaborate with the Protection Unit to mainstream protection considerations across activities.
- Ensure that all emergency response data, reports, and records are well-organized and archived.
- Supervise all food security and livelihood staff, providing guidance and building their capacity to ensure the delivery of high-quality outputs.
- Support the program manager in enhancing existing project tools and developing new ones as needed.
- Ensure the quality of project database and prevent duplications.
- Perform any other duties as assigned.
Required Qualifications and Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree in a certificate in a practical specialization related to the security and livelihood sector, with two years of relevant professional experience; or, Experience:
- Experience in FSL project management and implementation.
- Knowledge and experience in emergency response and cash-based approaches or programming.
- Proven experience in team management in humanitarian environments, with successful examples of managing local staff.
- Familiarity with relevant international standards.
- Experience conducting market mapping or assessments.
- Previous working experience in the region is advantageous.
- Excellent IT skills (Google Docs, Gmail, Excel, and Word).
- Excellent communication skills.
- Strong organizational and administrative skills.
- Proficiency in statistical analysis techniques.
- Knowledge of the Power BI program.
- Fluency in English and Arabic is required. Turkish is advantages.
- Verified experience in humanitarian work and principles.
How to apply
How to apply:
For applying you can follow this link: https://forms.gle/EXm1xjfafiDhSGgv9
Due to the urgency to fill this role, applications will be reviewed on a rolling basis. Kindly note that the position will be filled before the vacancy announcement is closed; therefore, early applications are encouraged.