Food specialist with an emphasis on registration, regulation and regulatory systems
Job advertisement : Jun 21, 2023
Publication cancellation date : Jul 12, 2023, 9:59:00 PM
Organizational Unit: FLURU
Job type : Temporary work
Requirement Type: PSA ( Personal Service Agreements )
Grade Level: N / A
Main location : Uruguay-Montevideo
Duration: 100 days
Position Number: N / A
_ FAO seeks to ensure gender, geographic and linguistic diversity among its staff and its international consultants, in order to serve the Member States of the Organization in the best possible way in all regions.
- FAO is committed to achieving diversity in its workforce in terms of sex, nationality, origin and culture.
- Women, nationals of under-represented or under-represented Member States and persons with disabilities with the necessary qualifications are encouraged to submit their applications.
- All persons working for FAO must comply with the highest standards of professional integrity and conduct and uphold FAO’s values.
- FAO, as a specialized agency of the United Nations, applies a zero tolerance policy for conduct incompatible with its statute, objectives and mandate, in particular sexual exploitation and abuse, sexual harassment, abuse of authority and discrimination.
- All selected candidates will undergo rigorous reference and background checks.
- All requests will be treated with the strictest confidentiality.
The main objective of FAO country offices, headed by the FAO Representative, is to cooperate with governments in policy development, programs and projects to achieve food security and reduce hunger and malnutrition, help develop the agricultural, fisheries, forestry sectors, and use their environmental and natural resources in a sustainable way.
It will work under the administrative supervision of the Officer in Charge of FAO Representation in Uruguay and in coordination and collaboration with the RUNAEV Governance Working Group of the Congress of Intendants.
Field of specialization
This technical assistance includes the survey of governance models that allow analysis in the technical field, contributing to decision-making that strengthens the functions of the institutions of the municipalities involved, implementing effective food control. The ( the ) Food Specialist will contribute to the preparation of an analysis document and recommendations that includes different governance models of regulatory systems, registration and control in the marketing of food and products.
Tasks and responsibilities
- Systematization of between 4 and 5 models of successful experiences from different countries, regions and degrees of development in the systems of regulation, registration and control of the marketing of food and products. Carry out an analysis with the strengths of each model studied in relation to the Congress of Intendants system in Uruguay and SUCIVE.
- Oriented towards the creation of a comprehensive system of national scope, make recommendations for improving the governance of the regulatory system, registration and control of the marketing of food and products within the scope of the Congress of Intendants in Uruguay.
- Presentation of the systematization, analysis and recommendations in 2 workshops organized by the Congress of Intendants in Uruguay.
THE CANDIDATES WILL BE EVALUED IN ARRANGE TO THE FOLLOWING CRITERIA:
- Degree in Food, Nutrition Ing., Chemical, Veterinary, Law or related areas.
- Minimum 5 years of experience in the development of the profession.
- Practical knowledge of Spanish ( level C ) and limited knowledge of the English language ( level B ).
- Uruguayan national or foreigner with permanent residence.
FAO core competencies
- Results-based approach
- Building effective relationships
- Knowledge exchange and continuous improvement
Technical / functional skills
- Postgraduate studies in Food, Nutrition, Veterinary Engineering, Chemical Engineering, Law or related areas.
- Experience or knowledge of governance analysis and food regulation and control.
- Work experience in multidisciplinary teams, preparation of reports and oral presentations.
It is noted that all candidates should adhere to the Organization’s values of commitment to FAO, respect for all and integrity and transparency.
- FAO does not charge fees at any stage of the recruitment process ( application, interview, processing ).
- Incomplete applications will not be taken into account. If you need help or have questions, contact: Careers@fao.org
- Applications received after the expiration of the application deadline will not be accepted.
- We inform you that FAO will only consider academic degrees or credentials obtained from a teaching institution included in the World Database on Higher Education, which is a list maintained by the International Association of Universities ( IAU ) / UNESCO. The list can be consulted at: www.whed.net/
- For any other questions visit the FAO website on employment: http://www.fao.org/employment/home/es/.
HOW TO APPLY Candidates are requested to attach a letter of motivation to the online profile. We encourage applicants to submit the application well before the deadline. If you need help, or have queries, please contact: Careers@fao.org
FAO IS A NON-SMOKING ENVIRONMENT