eHealth Africa is focused on improving healthcare by creating effective ways to implement reliable health information management systems. We have developed eHealth and mHealth solutions that can be rapidly deployed to manage patient information, streamline clinical procedures, and provide data and analysis on health program outcomes.
- Experience 10 years
- Location Kano
- Job Field Finance / Accounting / Audit
Purpose of the Position
- The Financial Controller is responsible for eHealth Africa’s financial processes, financial planning, finance evaluation, risk management and all eHealth Africa entities, and finance functions in affiliated offices across the globe and ensuring compliance with financial regulations.
- S/he will work closely with the Chief Financial Officer (CFO) in streamlining our budgeting, payroll, and financial reporting processes, coordinating financial audit, publishing financial statements, and ensuring accuracy of financial information.
- The Financial Controller will ensure global strategic planning and exceptional formulation of sound financial strategies, implementing proper internal controls, and developing financial plans that support overall organizational strategy in conjunction with the Executive Directors, SMT, the Board of Directors and the Finance and Audit committees of the Board.
What You’ll Do
- To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. Other duties may be assigned:
- Maintain in-country banking relationships and ensure adequate cash flow for obligations.
- Oversee eHealth Africa’s accounting operations to ensure proper maintenance of all accounting systems and function; supervise eHealth Africa’s accounting staff.
- Coordinate and lead all local and international audits and proper filing of tax returns; prepare for and manage all external audits.
- Provide comprehensive financial updates to senior management by evaluating, analyzing, and reporting appropriate data points
- Guide financial decisions by applying company policies and procedures to current economic landscape
- Develop, implement, and maintain financial controls and guidelines
- Achieve budgeting goals with proper scheduling, analysis, and corrective action
- Maximize payroll efficiency through innovative process development
- Help develop and support short and long-term operational strategies
- Maintain all necessary internal control safeguards.
- Ensure compliance with indirect cost policy, fringe policy and all Federal funding cost guidelines.
Daily, Monthly, Quarterly and Annual Responsibilities
- Manage and monitor all accounts, ledgers, and reporting systems ensuring compliance with appropriate GAAP standards as well as International financial reporting Standards (IFRS) and regulatory requirements as well as the requirements of private contributions, loans, and government contracts.
- Maintain internal control safeguards for the receipt of revenue, costs and actual expenditure for team and organizational budgets.
- Maintain internal controls and safeguards for access to the Finance/Accounting ERP system.
- In conjunction with the CFO, establish financial and operating benchmarks, budgets, program monitoring, and reporting standards on a bi-weekly, monthly, and annual basis.
- Implement consistent accounting policies, practices, and procedures across all programs, upholding federal, state, and local legal standards by remaining knowledgeable about existing, new, and future legislation at eHealth Africa’s countries of operations.
- Ensure that periodic bank reconciliations are completed.
- Lead and manage month and year end close out process.
- Develop and enforce internal controls to maximize protection of company assets, policies, procedures and workflow.
- Oversee and support the accounting team with dynamic leadership that creates an environment of trust and productivity.
- Provide oversight and periodically investigate invoices and supporting documentations for accounts payable and advances retirements.
- Coordinate the provision of information to external auditors for the annual audit for eHealth Africa’s entities.
- Provide analysis and meaningful insights of shared cost allocations alongside monthly posting of shared operational costs.
- Periodic review of eHealth Africa’s chart of accounts (COA) and present assessment for addition or deactivation of accounts.
- Evaluate accounting documentation and rectify weaknesses by collaborating with procurement, operations, finance and programs teams.
- Manage organizational cash flow forecasting by working in partnership with the program leads; continuously collaborate with program leads to assess the financial efficacy of program operations and establish finance and administrative systems to support program operations.
- Participates in and promotes a positive, supportive, cooperative team environment.
- Adheres to Policies and Procedures.
- Adheres to eHealth Africa Code of Conduct as well as ethical standards of the field.
Who You Are
The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill and/or ability required to successfully perform this job:
- Master’s or Bachelor’s Degree from a college or university in Business Administration, Finance and Accounting or any other related field.
- A minimum of 10 years of broad financial accounting experience, ideally managing finance (accounting, budgeting, control, reporting, and grants) for a complex global nonprofit organization with multiple funding sources, including the US government, other country governments, the European Union, UN, and foundations.
- Minimum of 5 years of experience as a Senior Level accounting/finance Manager or equivalent in an international nonprofit organization driving change and innovation.
- Working knowledge of finance law and regulatory standards (GAAP).and (IFRS)
- Strong understanding of economic and banking processes.
- Significant experience and knowledge of nonprofit accounting, including sophisticated fund and grant accounting, compliance, and reporting.
- Strong working knowledge of detailed financial data analysis.
- Proven payroll experience, with a focus on streamlining accounting processes.
- Exemplary history of financial project management.
- Working knowledge of federal, state, and local tax compliance regulations and reporting.
- Evidence of partnering with executive staff, resulting in the development and implementation of creative financial management strategies.
- Good knowledge of financial management and accounting and budget holding principles.
- Proficient with SAGE or other accounting software packages.
- Good knowledge of financial management and accounting and budget holding principles.
- Experience in developing budgets and financial reports (including donors), strategic planning, and providing guidance and support to non-finance staff.
- Strong leadership skills that include the ability to build effective teams, ability to motivate others, delegation, and timely/quality decision making.
- The ideal candidate should possess strong analytical and exceptional problem-solving skills,
- Excellent interpersonal communication skills, organizational skills and great attention to detail.
- Action-oriented and resilient in a fast-paced environment
- Familiarity with the types of development and humanitarian programs eHealth Africa conducts.
- Strong work ethic, customer service orientation and willingness to roll-up sleeves when necessary; strive for continuous improvement.
- Willingness to travel to countries where eHealth Africa operates.
Certifications and Licenses:
- CMA, GGA, CA, CFA, Certified Public Accountant (CPA) or equivalent is desired.
- The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate but can become louder at times due to group discussions or activities. eHealth Africa is a tobacco-free environment.
- The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk and hear.
- The employee is occasionally required to stand and walk. The employee is frequently required to sit and use a computer and reach with their hands and arms.
- We believe strongly in our mission and values, and our teams are most successful when they do also.
Impact & Quality:
- We push ourselves to maintain high standards ensuring that we produce the most meaningful results in everything we do, no matter how big or small.
- We maintain a worldview driven by possibilities, not limitations. We take smart risks and foster an environment where creativity and innovation thrive.
- We are honest and truthful in our work. We always do what is right, even when it is not easy. We put our values into practice and hold each other accountable.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified? Go to eHealth Systems Africa on ehealthafrica.bamboohr.com to apply