Tetra Tech is a leading provider of consulting, engineering, program management, construction management, and technical services. The Company supports government and commercial clients by providing innovative solutions focused on water, environment, infrastructure, resource management, energy, and international development. One of the group of companies under Tetra Tech is delivering the DFID-funded United Kingdom Nigeria Infrastructure Advisory Facility (UKNIAF) infrastructure improvement works. The programme’s duration is contracted for an initial 48 months with a possible 24-month extension.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Finance Specialist, Transitional Police Unit
Location: Abuja (FCT)
Organization: 174 PRT
- PRO-telligent (PRT), a Tetra Tech Company, is implementing the Department of State (DoS), Bureau of International Narcotics and Law Enforcement Affairs (INL) Transitional Police Unit (TPU) training program in Abuja, Nigeria.
- The five-year police training program will work closely with the Nigerian Police Force (NPF) to continue to build the capacity and professionalism of Nigeria’s police.
- Through TPU, INL will provide training, mentorship, and equipment, to the NPF as it continues to strengthen civilian security, rule of law and public order in accordance with international standards.
- The Finance Specialist will serve as part of the Project Management Office (PMO) team on the TPU project in Nigeria and will carry out duties designed to meet the objectives of the project.
- The Finance Specialist will provide all financial and administrative support for the in-country team, maintaining fiscally responsible processes and procedures for managing the projects finances, bank account, petty cash, financial reporting, LN salary payments and statutory tax and pension requirements, company licenses, legal support, and other HR and administrative requirements for the project.
- The Finance Specialist will work also work closely with the project’s home office team. This position reports to the In-Country Project Manager.
- Proven ability to remain compliant with Government financial management laws and regulations while responding quickly to changing political and budget priorities.
- Oversee all project financial transactions, including deposits, receipts, and vouchers for payment disbursements.
- Train project staff to ensure of 100% compliance with USG and MSI policies and regulations.
- Develop monthly cash projections of project financial needs for procurement, support of project activities, staff payroll, subcontract/vendor payments, maintenance and repair services, staff travel, and on-hand cash requirements.
- Prepare monthly financial expense reports and cash and bank reconciliation statements.
- Serve as the focal point for project banking matters.
- Analyze and prepare financial and administrative reports as required by the In-Country Project Manager and Tetra Tech home office.
- Oversee human resources management in compliance with local laws and practices.
- Support project recruitment, hiring and personnel management in accordance with Tetra Tech policies, USAID regulations, local laws, and the Transitional Police Unit (TPU) Personnel Manual.
- Prepare, maintain, and ensure the security of all employee files.
- Manage the tracking of employee leave balances, performance review calendars and recall/contact rosters.
- Manage issuance of local labor benefits approved by the project, under the supervision of the In-Country Project Manager.
- Review and verify Purchase Request Forms (PRFs) and Purchase Orders (POs), ensuring purchases are allocable, adequate funding is available, expenses are authorized, supporting documentation is captured and recorded, expense totals are accurately recorded, and all payments are controlled/recorded.
- Other duties as assigned by the In-Country Project Manager.
- Master’s Degree in International Development, Finance, Accounting or a relevant field.
- Five years of relevant professional experience with an international organization.
- Demonstrated and proficient experience using Microsoft Excel and QuickBooks.
- Familiarity with FAR and USG regulations, particularly related to procurements.
- Previous experience working on USG-funded projects strongly preferred.
- Strong attention to detail, prioritization, and organizational skills required.
- Fluency (speaking, reading, writing) in English.
Application Closing Date
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online
Note: Only Nigerian citizens are eligible for this position.