Career with BRAC International
BRAC is an award-winning international non-governmental development organisation, with the vision of a world free from all forms of exploitation and discrimination, where everyone has the opportunity to realise their potential. BRAC is a leader in developing and implementing cost effective, evidence-based programmes to assist poor and disadvantaged communities in low-income countries, including in conflict-prone and post-disaster settings. It is an organisation of and for the people of the Global South, pioneering new development and social enterprise approaches to equip communities to achieve prosperity. As well as being the world’s biggest NGO by number of staff and people directly reached, BRAC has regularly been ranked the number one NGO in the world by the Geneva-based NGO Advisor, an independent organisation committed to highlighting innovation, impact and governance in the non-profit sector. BRAC retained the top spot in 2020 among the top 500 NGOs for the fifth consecutive year. BRAC was founded in Bangladesh in 1972 by Sir Fazle Hasan Abed. It started its first programme outside of Bangladesh in Afghanistan in 2002, and has since reached millions of people in 11 countries in Asia and Africa. BRAC has a holistic approach to development that uses a wide array of programmes and social enterprises, including in microfinance, education, health, agriculture, gender and human rights. BRAC believes that every person has inherent potential, and when an enabling environment is created and that potential is unleashed, even the poorest can become agents of positive change in their own lives, for their families and their communities.
BRAC International (BI) is seeking application from competent, dynamic and self-motivated individuals to fill the following position:
Finance Officer, Kenya
The role of AIM Central Finance team is to provide support and oversight in the financial management of the AIM operations in country offices related to financial matters, systems and process improvement. This role supports The Head of Finance (HoF) by providing technical assistance to country Offices to ensure transactional and relevant documents are reviewed and prepare quarterly financial report.
- Support Head of Finance, AIM and Finance managers to ensure high standard of financial stewardship in both regional office and Country offices.
- Assisting FM in maintaining books, accounts and other financial records of NPA adhering the financial standard of NPA financial system to ensure accountability.
- Reviewing the correctness and adequate of accounting documents before making payments
- Ensure that all banking transactions are done on time with very minimum risk and in line with organizational policies.
- In collaboration with other finance staff, support the HoF to reconcile bank statements.
- Work with Program and Finance teams to prepare all budgets that may be required.
- Support the HoF to routinely review the process flow of the country offices.
- Prepare the fund reconciliation report with the financial report and bank reconciliation.
- Review of the shared supporting documents for all the transactions from all the AIM-implementing countries.
- Work with the submitted budget from the country to review and consolidate them for submission.
- Work for the AIM DREAMS partner reporting.
- Work with the head office team to get AIM expenditures and supporting documents.
- Review the reimbursement documents from country offices.
- Read, understand, practice, promote and endorse the issues of safeguarding policy among team members and ensure the implementation of safeguarding standards in every course of action.
- Practice, promote and endorse the issues of safeguarding policy among team members and ensure the implementation of safeguarding standards in every course of action.
- Follow the safeguarding reporting procedure in case any reportable incident takes place, encourage others to do so.
- Bachelors or Masters Finance, Accounting, Business Management
- A strong knowledge and understanding of financial system.
- Strong ability to run common Microsoft applications
- Ability to understand financial reports and supporting documents
- Proven knowledge in developing reporting and relevant formats
- Strong interpersonal skills with demonstrated ability to be a team player and to work independently and with initiative
- Proven ability to perform under pressure and prioritize with multiple competing demands.
- Highly organized, analytical, strategic thinker with strong attention to detail.
- Ability to travel frequently to BRAC countries as needed.
- Fluency in written and spoken English is a must
- Exceptional interpersonal, communication and networking skills.
- 2 – 4 year’s experience in finance and accounting roles preferably in a multinational company or NGO sector.
- Experience with donor reporting and communications.
Employment type: Contractual
Job Location: BRAC Regional Office at Nairobi, Kenya
How to apply
If you feel you are the right match for the above-mentioned position, please follow the application instructions accordingly:
External candidates need to email their CV with a letter of interest mentioning educational grades, years of experience, current and expected salary at email@example.com
Internal candidates need to apply with their latest CV including all job assignments in detail with BRAC PIN and email to firstname.lastname@example.org
Please mention the name of the position and ARO# BI 05/23 in the subject bar. This is a national position and only Kenyan nationals are encouraged to apply.
Only complete applications will be accepted and short-listed candidates will be contacted.
Application deadline: 24th October 2023
BRAC is committed to safeguarding children, young people and adults, and expects all employees and volunteers to share the same commitment. We believe every stakeholder and every member of the communities we work with has the right to be protected from all forms of harm, abuse, neglect, harassment, and exploitation – regardless of age, race, religion, and gender, status as an individual with a disability or ethnic origin. Therefore, our recruitment policy and procedure include extensive background checks and disclosure of criminal records in order to ensure safeguarding to the fullest extent.
BRAC is an equal opportunities employer