FHI 360/Philippines (www.fhi360.org) through Meeting Targets and Maintaining Epidemic Control (EpiC) HIV project in the Philippines is seeking applications for the position of Finance Officer.
About FHI 360:
FHI 360 is a nonprofit human development organization dedicated to improving lives in lasting ways by advancing integrated, locally driven solutions. Our staff includes experts in health, education, nutrition, environment, economic development, civil society, gender, youth, research, technology, communication, and social marketing- creating a unique mix of capabilities to address today’s interrelated development challenges. FHI 360 serves more than 70 countries and all U.S. states and territories.
EpiC is a five-year global project funded by the U.S. President’s Emergency Plan for AIDS Relief (PEPFAR) and the U.S. Agency for International Development (USAID). The project provides strategic technical assistance (TA) and direct service delivery to break through barriers to 95-95-95 and promote self-reliant management of national HIV programs by improving HIV case-finding, prevention, treatment programming and viral load (VL) suppression among key populations (KPs) and priority populations (PPs). In the Philippines, EpiC will work in Mega Manila to address critical gaps and bottlenecks in the response to HIV among KPs in the Philippines and build capacity of local, community-based KP organizations and work closely with the government of the Philippines to deliver HIV services tailored to the needs of KPs. In addition to the activities mentioned above EpiC Philippines will focus on expanding HIV case finding in the community, expansion of PrEP and treatment initiation, adherence, and retention support for people living with HIV (PLHIV), with a focus on select key population groups.
The Finance Officer will report to the Senior Finance & Admin Officer. S/he will perform variety of finance support to the project. Duties include, but not limited to, financial transaction processing and recording, travel and administrative documents reviews, maintenance of finance files, support in monitoring and reporting requirements. Ensures financial and activity record keeping are compliant with FHI360 policies and procedures, as well as USAID rules and regulations.
- Conducts pre-audits on vouchers, invoices, travel expenses report and all supporting documents for all payments related to activities funded in Philippines. Verify proper account codes have been recorded
- Perform/review reconciliations with respect to bank, balance sheet, vendors, inventory, etc.
- Assist in communicating with the bank on all issues related to the project, including bank account balances, check book requests, bank statements, etc.
- Assist Senior Finance & Admin Officer during audits ensuring that schedules provided are according to the agreed format of the team
- Review and perform spot checks and reconciliation for petty cash per FHI 360 and donor requirements.
- Review and process payment requests (vendors, consultants, and staff reimbursement) and journal entries (liquidation) to ensure documentation and process are in line with FHI 360 cost principles requirements
- Review accounting transactions to ensure costs are charged to correct codes before releasing them to the accounting system
- Review vendor selection analyses and ensure adherence to procurement requirements
- Ensure timely process and payments to all statutory payments as per law of the land and FHI 360 policies and procedures
- When needed, support in conducting pre-award reviews and site visit reviews for qualifying recipients / implementing partners as deemed appropriate in accordance with established FHI 360 procedures
- Perform other appropriate duties and responsibilities as assigned
- Good analytical, numerical, critical thinking, and problem-solving skills
- Proven proactive skills in identifying cost savings, cost avoidance, and efficiency opportunities
- Familiarity with or knowledge of USAID-funded projects and grants management policies and procedures
- Ability to interpret financial and other quantitative information and reports
- Ability to manage tight deadlines and deliver high volumes of work with minimal supervision
- Ability to work collaboratively, productively, and sensitively within a multidiscipline, multicultural and multigender environment
- High degree of proficiency in written and spoken English communication
- Well-developed computer skills
- Budget development and general ledger skills
- Knowledge of generally accepted accounting, budgeting, and fiscal control theory, and practices
- Ability to handle complex and confidential information with discretion
- Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting with 5-7 relevant experience. CPA, ACA, or any other relevant professional qualification is desirable
- Minimum of 2 years’ experience in financial management and reporting
- 1-2 years working experience in grants management
- Articulate, professional, and able to communicate in a clear, positive manner with client and staff
This job description summarizes the main duties of the job. It neither prescribes nor restricts the exact tasks that may be assigned to carry out these duties. This document should not be construed in any way to represent a contract of employment. Management reserves the right to review and revise this document at any time.
FHI 360 fosters the strength and health of its workforce through a competitive benefits package, professional development and policies and programs that support healthy work/life balance. Join our global workforce to make a positive difference for others — and yourself.
FHI360 is an equal employment and affirmative action employer whereby we do not engage in practices that discriminate against any person employed or seeking employment based on race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national or ethnic origin, age, marital status, disability, veteran status, genetic information or any other status or characteristic protected under applicable law.
How to apply
- Interested candidates may submit their letter of intent and updated resume directly to FHI360 Career Site via link below. Deadline of submission of application is on November 17, 2023.