Palladium is a global leader in the design, development and delivery of Positive Impact – the intentional creation of enduring social and economic value. We work with governments, businesses, and investors to solve the world’s most pressing challenges. With a team of more than 3,000 employees operating in 90 plus countries and a global network of over 35,000 experts, we help improve economies, societies and, most importantly, people’s lives.
- Experience 8 years
- Location Bauchi
Project Overview and Role
- The Financial Manager is a full-time position to support the State Finance & Administrative Director in the awarded USAID/Nigeria funded project entitled Nigeria Integrated Health Program.
- The Financial Manager is responsible for ensuring the smooth processing of financial information. The role encompasses oversight of the financial operations and finance employees.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities
- Support Finance and Operations staff to ensure that project deliverable are met.
- Supports the Senior Finance Manager to review financial and operational content for appropriate project reports.
- Support the annual work plan process and other strategic planning processes
- Assists in overseeing overall financial system implementation including controls and standards for IHP state offices.
- Reviews and maintains a strong system of internal controls to ensure accurate financial reporting.
- Examines financial documents such as payroll, vouchers, invoices, delivery notes, purchase orders, and other documents to ensure the completeness, accuracy, and validity of financial data.
- Monitors disbursement of funds from the project bank account(s) to ensure compliance with Palladium’s financial policies and procedures.
- Works with the finance team and technical leads to manage and forecast cash needs for Nigeria offices.
- Regularly reviews cash management practices, develop, and provide feedback on cash risk mitigation strategies.
- University Graduate and Master’s Degree in Finance, Business Administration, or other relevant Masters-level Degrees. CPA, Chartered Accountancy, other relevant professional certification, or additional 8 years of relevant professional experience accepted as an alternative to Master’s Degree.
- At least 8 years of work experience in broader finance and operations management with an international organization and USG contracts preferred (including office management, HR, finance, IT, and logistics);
- Experience directly managing finance and administration staff persons.
- Proven problem identification and resolution experience with budgeting, forecasting, banking, tax authorities, foreign currency transactions, and other related issues.
- Capacity and/or experience in designing and implementing Value for Money standards and decision-making.
- Able to communicate effectively and excellent interpersonal skills to form effective working relationships at all levels.
- High level of computer literacy.
- Ability to deal appropriately with sensitive issues and maintain a high level of confidentiality at all times;
- Cross-functional team player.
- Results-oriented and attention to detail.
- Proven experience in managing expenditures within budget.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified? Go to Palladium Group on palladium.csod.com to apply