Nuru equips local leaders with tools and knowledge to lead their communities out of extreme poverty by integrating impact programs that address the most prevalent and fundamental challenges of extreme poverty around four areas of need: Hunger Inability to Cope with Financial Shocks Preventable Disease and Death Lack of Access to Quality Education for Children Rather than give handouts, we design training-based poverty solutions that promote self-reliance and service-mindedness to enable local leaders to continue scaling impact long after Nuru International staff has exited the project.
Location: Location: Yola, Adamawa State
Employment Type: Full Time
Career Level: Mid Managerial Level
Terms and conditions: The appointment will be for a 8months period, renewable
based on funding and performance.
Number of Job Opening: 1
Start Date: As soon as possible
The Finance Coordinator (FC) will support the Finance and Operations Manager/Finance and Administrative Manager in the overall financial management of all donor activities such as participation in annual budgeting process for the organization, preparation of project budgets and budget versus actual analysis. He/She will support in the preparation of cash flow and cash flow management, support in the implementation of audit management feedback, support in preparations of all donor and management financial reporting. He/She will directly liaise with PWC in the day to day accounting records and book keeping activities ensuring the organization receives value for money in service delivery. He/She will supervise other junior finance staff such as Finance Officers and Assistants. He/She will support in ensuring fully implementations of all compliance related feedback. He/She will be a focal point for vendor relationship management ensuring a regular feedback on donor payments and funds acknowledgment.
Reporting and Supervision:
The Finance Coordinator will report to the Finance and Administrative Manager .
The Finance Coordinator will supervise the Finance Officer .
- Working closely with the PWC Representatives in ensuring timely and accurate recording of transactions in the QuickBooks accounting system;
- Ensure that vendors and all service providers upon receipt of payments, acknowledges and sends an official receipt;
- Ensure compliance to the organizations policy and procedure as regards to filing and documentation, may recommend other approaches for a seamless filing and retrieval of documents;
- Review and present a new organizational chart of account;
- Ensure compliance with the internal policies and procedures regarding donor and the organizations reporting timeless;
- Preparations of both Monthly, Quarterly and Annual financial reporting and present to the FAM for review;
- Preparations of both bi-annual and annual financial presentation documents for FAM review towards team meetings;
- Manage the organizations Enterprise Resource System, providing monthly financial reports from the system;
- Coordinate the reporting of budget versus actual reporting in liaison with PWC;
- Monitor cash flow/funding Pipelines;
- Support the FOM/FAM in ensuring internal control systems to mitigate financial mismanagement;
- Working closely with PWC in ensuring a regular monthly bank reconciliations are prepared and approved for documentation;
- Work closely with the POS vendor service delivery to ensure a regular compliance to the terms of service agreement and ensuring that all liquidations meets expectation;
- Support the FOM/FAM in a regular training of the team on internal financial procedures;
- Other duties as assigned on an ad hoc basis by the FOM/FAM.
- ICAN/ACCA/CPA or other recognized professional accounting qualification is a must;
- Minimum of Bachelor’s Degree in Finance, Accounting, Business Administration, or related field with 7years of experience; Master’s Degree in Business Administration or related field with minimum of 5years of experience is highly preferred;
- Demonstrated experience in financial management of large and complex donor funded projects including experience in the management of a USAID funded projects will be an added advantage;
- Expertise with procedures required for adequate planning, monitoring, and re- aligning of complex budgets;
- Prior experience in managing grants under contract required;
- Demonstrated knowledge, skills, and/or experiences in accounting, financial planning and management, and procurement, among other management support areas/functions;
- Familiarity with USG Cost Accounting Standards; Extensive knowledge of computerized accounting systems, accounting software and Microsoft Officer;
- Proficiency in QuickBooks accounting software preferred;
- Possess excellent organizational and analytical skills;
- Excellent oral and written communication skills in English are required, and knowledge of local languages such as Hausa is an advantage.
Nuru Nigeria Offers:
- Salary is competitive depending on qualifications, skills and experience.
- Positive atmosphere of dynamism and motivated team setting.
- Atmosphere of a forefront professional and flexible NGO with a unique new development approach.
- Annual, Maternity and Paternity leave benefits.
- Transport costs and communication allowance.
- 13th Month Salary
- Training and capacity building program and intensive mentorship by expat team.
- Life Insurance covering accident, disability and related benefits
- Health Insurance covering employees and family.
- Pension benefits.
- Atmosphere of diversity committed to providing equal employment opportunity,
- forbidding discrimination based on race, color, religion, gender, national or ethnic origin, age and differently able, with respect to policies and visions.
- Other Labor best practices apply.
Non-discriminatory employment clause:
Applicants will not be discriminated against on the basis of ethnicity, colour, gender, religion, socio-economic status, age, disability or health status. The management of Nuru Nigeria reserves the right to verify all of the applicant’s information and conduct background checks on shortlisted candidates including reaching out to his/her previous employer. Only Shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should send their CV to: firstname.lastname@example.org using the Job Title as the subject of the mail.