Based in Copenhagen, Denmark, the UNOPS Integrated Practice Advice and Support (IPAS) serves all the regions and headquarters, primarily with advice and solutions to everyday implementation challenges. IPAS consists of a diverse team of subject matter experts in the six practice areas of HR, Administration, Legal, Finance, Procurement, Project Management and Infrastructure. IPAS has three main roles:
Support to operations in the field offices: IPAS provides timely advice and supports actively finding of solutions to everyday implementation challenges, based on policy and best practices. It also provides operational support in specific areas.
Business efficiency: IPASrecommends changes to policies, processes and operating standards based on the feedback and experience of the field offices. IPAS also ensures transparent and efficient project implementation, in line with policy and business needs.
Body of knowledge: IPAS contributes to research and coordination within the policy groups and project practitioners. It provides structured knowledge and subject matter expertise which is used across practice areas to provide coherent and tailored advice to the requesting offices.
The selected candidate will be working in the Corporate Financial Reporting Support team as part of IPAS Finance.
You can meet our team and get a sneak peek of our working environment in this video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z8CyuSqczvI&feature=youtu.be
The incumbent will be working in a team of five people, under the leadership of the Finance Specialist. The team’s role is to deliver treasury management services for UNOPS for the following areas:
1. General accounting and Treasury monitoring
- Provide support and guidance on the bank account set up, closure and reconciliation;
- Support the development of the UNOPS Treasury system with testing and posting entries
- Analyze and reconcile General Ledger accounts and prepare adjusting entries quarterly for cash accounts and investment accounts, accruals and FOREX related entries
- Prepare detailed bank account and investment account GL reconciliations, identify the discrepancies and follow up with the respective offices
- Respond to field office queries related to petty cash accounting and work closely with the Treasury team on the solution
- Monitor the construction contract process and liaise with the team for the submission required for financial statement preparation
- Prepare and analyze financial reports, investigate, process adjustments as required;
- Support reporting for treasury related transactions and liaise with reporting and system support/development team on the system improvements;
- Prepare recurring reports for period closure activities and special report as required;
- Assist field offices with Financial reporting and analysis;
- Support the Data analytics team to improve the processes related to the team
- Assists the self audits and quality assurance activities as required;
- Assist the internal/external audit inquiries and responds
- Coordinate collection of audit samples and requirements during internal/external audit exercise(s);
- Support the implementation of audit recommendations as may be required;
4. Facilitate knowledge building and knowledge sharing
- Assist in preparation of notes, guidelines related to IPSAS implementation of IPSAS and procedures;
- Organize, facilitate and/or deliver training and learning initiatives for personnel on finance-related topics.
- Provide sound contributions to knowledge networks and communities of practice synthesizing of lessons learnt and dissemination of best practices in the finance area
How to apply
Please apply here: https://jobs.unops.org/Pages/ViewVacancy/VADetails.aspx?id=24703