Please note that the ICRC is not a UN-system organization.
The International Committee of the Red Cross (ICRC) is an impartial, neutral and independent organization whose exclusively humanitarian mission is to protect the lives and dignity of victims of armed conflict and other situations of violence and to provide them with assistance.
The ICRC is mandated to work in countries affected by armed conflict or other situations of violence. The ICRC is present in over 100 countries and has some 20,000 staff.
In 2014, the ICRC expanded its presence to Ukraine. We have over 800 staff working in 8 locations across Ukraine.
The ICRC is looking for an enthusiastic and motivated Finance & Administration Manager in its office in Lviv covering Vinnytsia as well.
NOTE: This is a maternity leave appointment.
The Finance & Administration Manager is responsible for the integrity of financial and analytical accounting and for reporting from the field. S/he oversees all financial resources and administrative activities, such as management of premises and staff travel, in a given delegation/other structure, and acts as Human Resources and/or Logistics Manager in the absence of a dedicated specialist.
Your Tasks and Responsibilities:
- Supervises the accounts department and prepares the annual budget/monthly forecast and risk reporting, cost-control and analysis of budget deviations. Regularly assesses the financial situation (including treasury) of the structure. Ensures that the financial rules and procedures are well implemented, explained, and understood.
- Provides a proper control of the expenditures and commitments.
- Acts as an adviser, trainer and coach on all financial or economic matters for the teams running humanitarian projects.
- Coaches and organizes training sessions for administrative and non/administrative staff in the areas of Finance and Administration.
- Interprets institutional guidelines and policies in light of the local context; makes sure these are strictly implemented and monitored, ensuring compliance with ethical standards and mitigating financial risks.
- Acts as co-signatory of finance interface for both authorities and commercial parties (suppliers, banks etc.).
- Oversees day-to-day financial management and maintenance of offices and residential premises. Maintains an appropriate security set-up, including safe accommodation for all mobile staff.
- Remains aware of the local real estate market and makes suggestions for new options of accommodation.
- Organizes mobile staff and visitors’ accommodation together with the Welcome Assistant.
What we offer you:
- Employment contract according to Ukrainian labour law
- Flexible working arrangements
- Annual paid 20 working days’ vacation
- Competitive salary based on your qualification and past experience between 60000 and 100000 UAH
- Medical insurance for employees and family
- ICRC Institutional training
- Individual development covered by ICRC
- Foreign language courses
- Convenient office location in the city centre
What we require from you:
- Ukrainian citizenship or permanent residence permit in Ukraine.
- 6 years confirmed practical experience in finance, management, or human resources, including at least 1-year financial accounting/controlling.
- Experience in international working environment, abroad or with an international organization/development agency.
- University degree in business administration, finance/accounting or human resources, or hospitality management.
- Diploma in Accounting (CPA/CMA or similar) internal audit (CIA or similar) is an asset.
- Fluent command of English.
- Computer literacy.
- Self-motivated with a strong commitment to teamwork and humanitarian principles.
- Flexible, enthusiastic and willingness to learn.
- Ability to work independently, as well as effectively under supervision.
- Confidence in managing projects and staff.
- Ability to organize an and prioritize multiple tasks.
- Ability to work within in a diverse team and establish and maintain good working relations in a multi-ethnic, multi-cultural and multi-disciplinary environment.
Starting date: As soon as possible
How to apply:
Please complete the ICRC questionnaire as part of your application. The questionnaire is available through the following link (You may click on the link below or copy the link into your internet browser): https://forms.office.com/pages/responsepage.aspx?id=NFOKnnxJik2nl3mXz4zHY6FH0kepWsRApxkaP6-jg4lUQjRJTjhFV1ZPVUkwQ1VIUEZPUDdQMUgyNi4u
In addition, please submit your CV in English, along with your motivation letter and salary expectations to the attention of the Human Resources Department. Please label your CV with your first name and last name (First Name LAST NAME).
Please note, your application will be reviewed and considered only once you have completed the ICRC questionnaire and uploaded your CV in English.
Application deadline: 10 July 2023
Only candidates meeting the above-mentioned criteria will be considered and contacted for tests and/or interviews. No inquiries by phone, please.
ICRC is Equal Opportunity Employer giving the highest priority to staff safety and security.
Qualified female and male candidates are encouraged to apply for the position.
For more information, visit the website: http://www.icrc.org/ (You may copy the link into your internet browser)