Job position- Field Officer (GFD)
Work location – Monguno
Reporting to – Food Security Project – Field Coordinator, Monguno
Supervision of- Field Assistants (GFD)
General purpose of the position
Under the direct supervision of the Field Coordinator, the Food Security Field Officer (GFD) supervises and reports all aspect of the WFP General Food assistance project activities, both the in-kind food distribution and the Cash Based Transfers activities in the field, within the framework of the WFP project. He/she ensures all activities are done in line with the donor requirements, and these activities are achieved in a timely and efficient manner. During absence of Field Coordinator, the position holder will be wholly accountable for the WFP General Food Assistance project activities under direct supervision of Project Manager / Deputy Project Manager.
Tasks and Main Responsibilities
- Ensures effective implementation of the WFP Cash Based Transfer activities
- Ensures effective implementation of the WFP in-kind food distribution activities.
- Ensures accurate, complete and up to date data are made available for the WFP food assistance project activities.
- Provision of technical assistance as well as supportive monitoring and evaluation of the WFP Food Assistance project activities.
- Supervises all the WFP food assistance project efficiently and effectively.
- Conducts monthly WFP Inkind food distribution and Cash Based Transfer activity in the targeted location.
- Carries out beneficiary targeting and registration in an open and transparent manner within the community.
- Joins in conducting malnutrition prevention awareness sessions, screening and tracking.
- Conducts training on relevant food security related topics for the Field Assistant
- Supervises the activities of the Field assistants (GFD)
- Presentation of monthly food assistance progress report
- Preparation of Daily, Weekly & Monthly reports of the food assistance project activities.
- Attends relevant Local Coordinator Sector Meeting.
- Implements other tasks as might be required with relation to the INTERSOS Country Program in Nigeria.
- Conducts duties in accordance with INTERSOS Nigeria programme and protection Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs).
- Conducts duties strictly in accordance with INTERSOS Code of Conduct and the principle of confidentiality.
- Performs additional tasks as assigned.
- Minimum of a Degree (BSc/H.ND).
- Minimum 3 years of experience from a national level project implementation position in a humanitarian / developmental context;
- Experience in working in complex and volatile contexts;
- Technical Food Security knowledge of WFP Cash Based Transfer and Inkind food Distribution
- Good communication skills and ability to conduct training and awareness.
- Documented results related to the position’s responsibilities;
- Experience in leadership and problem solving;
- Fluency in English, Hausa is a plus;
- Capacity to adapt to basic living conditions;
- Ability to put up with job pressure;
- Ability to deliver high quality work within tight deadlines;
- Good child care skills;
- Knowledge of the local languages spoken in the operation area is an asset.
- Excellent interpersonal skills and demonstrated ability to establish effective and working relations with national staff members and other stakeholders.
- Experience living and working in cross-cultural, multi-sector, insecure, and/or remote environments.
How to apply
Interested candidates should complete this form and attach CV with the following format “Surname Position you applied for”. ONLY applicants whose competencies meet the requirement of the position will be contacted.
Application deadline: apply no later than 16th June 2022 at 4:00 PM.
INTERSOS do not ask for any form of payment at any stage of recruitment. Applications are processed according to the order of arrival. INTERSOS reserves the right to close the offer before the term initially expressed in the advert, if an applicant is accepted.