E T Consultant
Job #: req23458
Organization: World Bank
Term Duration: 1 year 0 months
Recruitment Type: Local Recruitment
Location: Washington, DC,United States
Required Language(s): English
Preferred Language(s): Closing Date: 7/26/2023 (MM/DD/YYYY) at 11:59pm UTC
Do you want to build a career that is truly worthwhile? Working at the World Bank Group provides a unique opportunity for you to help our clients solve their greatest development challenges. The World Bank Group is one of the largest sources of funding and knowledge for developing countries; a unique global partnership of five institutions dedicated to ending extreme poverty, increasing shared prosperity, and promoting sustainable development. With 189 member countries and more than 120 offices worldwide, we work with public and private sector partners, investing in groundbreaking projects and using data, research, and technology to develop solutions to the most urgent global challenges. For more information, visit www.worldbank.org
The Global Evaluation Initiative (GEI) is a global partnership committed to developing country-owned, sustainable monitoring and evaluation (M&E) frameworks and capacities to promote the use of evidence in public decision-making, enhance accountability, and achieve better results.
GEI acts as a facilitator, helping developing countries find solutions and financing for their country’s M&E systems and capacity development, building on their strengths and endogenous knowledge, and leveraging the best available local, regional, and global knowledge. GEI plays a critical role in fostering M&E knowledge generation and sharing it globally and locally to enable greater learning and effectiveness.
The Digital Communications Specialist will oversee corporate-level external facing digital communications; including but not limited to the GEI’s corporate social media handles, the websites globalevaluationinitiative.org and betterevaluation.org, and a range of strategic outreach products.
The successful candidate would be responsible for driving innovation and bringing cutting-edge insights and experience to GEI’s digital communications. A talented experienced digital strategist, they will leverage market trends to deliver inspiring communication and content for a range of policymaker, private and public sector audiences, as well as interested global public audiences focused on development issues. They will manage critical internal and external stakeholder relationships to deliver outcomes.
The successful candidate will have a proven track record in digital communications and marketing, be able to demonstrate expertise across digital platforms, and provide strategic guidance on digital outreach and campaigns to the senior leadership team. They will have wide experience in delivering data-driven digital strategies and content, demonstrating an agile and growth-oriented mindset.
The successful candidate will work with the Communications and Knowledge Management Team.
Experience of working in multilingual and multichannel digital environments, leveraging the power and reach of digital platforms to deliver compelling creative content and engage target audiences is definitively a plus. They will show strong social media platform expertise and a deep understanding of how to reach different using digital channels. They will use data to constantly learn, update and evolve strategies, and maintain the highest editorial standards and quality.
The Digital Communication officer will help reach and engage a diverse range of audiences and play a key role in maintaining and building a supportive environment for our work.
Duties and Responsibilities:
The candidate will perform the following duties:
- Refine and execute a global digital strategy for the GEI, that leverages the website, online outreach products, and all corporate social media channels (including BetterEvaluation social media channels)
- Ensure a regular flow of agreed upon, on-brand content, working closely with the Communications Lead and with the GEI’s implementing partners, in a way that increases our digital footprint and engagement with target audiences. More specifically, they are expected to undertake the following tasks:
- Ensure the content of GEI and gLOCAL websites is up-to-date and relevant. Suggest the creation of new sections as needed.
- Produce news stories and articles for the GEI and BetterEvaluation websites.
- Support production of remotely produced videos, live streaming and discussion panels and create scripts for videos and interviews and manage video editor.
- Establish, track, and report on a set of key performance indicators (KPIs) for web, social media and events;
- Develop and present monthly digital performance reports and analyze and utilize data to deliver strategic insights for improving GEI’s websites, online communications and social media efforts;
- Help identify relevant influencers in areas of work relevant to GEI to amplify campaigns and messaging.
- Occasionally supports the production of podcasts.
- Produce Newsletters (GEI and BE) and copyedit and publish contributions received by partners.
- Work across the team to successfully execute campaigns around key events, report launches, and multimedia storytelling efforts, ensuring coherent user journeys and audience segmentation for organic and possibly paid digital activities.
- Define and communicate throughout the GEI Comms Network standards and processes to support the implementation of platform, audience and campaign-specific strategies
- Work with internal stakeholders (IEG, ECR and other relevant units in the WBG) to increase cross-promotion, collaboration, innovation and audience engagement
- Establish and maintain effective working relationships and communication channels with external stakeholders, including UN and multilateral agencies (especially UNDP IEO), and Implementing and Associate Partners’ digital platforms
- Engage continuously with the rest of the communications team (senior editor, design specialist, video editor) to deliver on time, quality products
- Have demonstrated Development sector experience and a track record of innovation, and working in digital teams within a matrixed and multicultural environment.
The successful candidate will have the ability to work in a team, innovate and take appropriate risks. You will be a strategic thinker, with strong day-to-day project management skills and a fine attention to detail.
In addition, you will have:
- A Master’s degree in Communications, Branding, Digital Media or related field with at least 5 years of experience, or equivalent combination of education and experience
- Experience in digital strategy, content creation for social media, digital marketing, and user experience; with proven success on global campaigns working in collaboration with social media platforms
- Experience working on digital communications and content for public and private sector audiences, especially in the evaluation or development sector
- Experience in identifying and mitigating reputational risk
- Fluency in social media platforms and native analytics
- Solid understanding of audience data and how to effectively leverage this to create impactful social media strategies
- Knowledge of content management systems (Drupal) and web development work
- Solid understanding of digital tools including keyword and SEO optimization, audience targeting tools.
- Strong communication skills with a proven track record of developing positive, collaborative relationships with stakeholders with varying backgrounds and expertise.
- Fluency in oral and written in English. Knowledge of other UN languages is a plus.
This is a full-time position based in Brussels. The contract is for one year, starting on September 1st, 2023, with an optional extension for a second year.
World Bank Group Core Competencies
We are proud to be an equal opportunity and inclusive employer with a dedicated and committed workforce, and do not discriminate based on gender, gender identity, religion, race, ethnicity, sexual orientation, or disability.
Learn more about working at the World Bank and IFC, including our values and inspiring stories.
Note: The selected candidate will be offered a one-year appointment, renewable at the discretion of the World Bank Group, and subject to a lifetime maximum ET appointment of three years. If an ET appointment ends before a full year, it is considered as a full year toward the lifetime maximum. Former and current ET staff who have completed all or any portion of their third-year ET appointment are not eligible for future ET appointments.