E T Consultant – Project Manager
Job #: req22837
Sector: Information & Communication Technology
Term Duration: 1 year 0 months
Recruitment Type: Local Recruitment
Location: Washington, DC,United States
Required Language(s): English
Preferred Language(s): Closing Date: 6/2/2023 (MM/DD/YYYY) at 11:59pm UTC
IFC—a member of the World Bank Group—is the largest global development institution focused on the private sector in emerging markets. We work in more than 100 countries, using our capital, expertise, and influence to create markets and opportunities in developing countries. In fiscal year 2022, IFC committed a record $32.8 billion to private companies and financial institutions in developing countries, leveraging the power of the private sector to end extreme poverty and boost shared prosperity as economies grapple with the impacts of global compounding crises. For more information, visit www.ifc.org
Information technology is an integral part of the strategic initiatives for all the Core Business Functions at IFC. Corporate Information Technologies (CIT) Teams provides comprehensive IT support for IFC’s Investment & Advisory Services, Financial Operations, Treasury & the Asset Management Company. A robust engagement model with business ensures prioritization of the business requirements & focus on delivery. The application landscape encompasses a wide variety of In-house and Customized COTS products (such as ACBS, Summit, Investran, etc.) which meets the business needs of IFC departments.
CITOP is seeking a Project Manager (Extended Term Consultant), with strong project management skills to work with internal clients to successfully develop, build and implement business solutions working along with a geographically distributed development team. The position will suit a highly motivated and versatile candidate with experience in Agile who can demonstrate relentless attention to detail, manage budgets and who can communicate with clients
Roles & Responsibilities:
His/her responsibilities may include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Define project scope and schedule for assigned projects while focusing on regular and timely delivery of value to clients; organize and lead project status meetings; prepare and track project progress; manage risks and issues; correct deviations from plans; and perform delivery planning for assigned projects.
- Take full project life cycle ownership, including full implementation from initiation to deployment.
- Manage expectations for project deliverables, client communications, and help to implement an effective project oversight and governance.
- Implement a well-defined project management process and ensure ongoing process improvement to apply best practices for Agile Project Management
- Ensure that each team member is fully engaged in the project and making a meaningful contribution and encourage a sustainable pace with high levels of quality output.
- Measure project performance using appropriate tools, and techniques.
- Report and escalate any issues to team lead and management as needed.
- Manage the relationship with the client and all stakeholders.
- Establish and maintain relationships with third parties/vendors
- Create and maintain comprehensive project documentation.
- Bachelor’s Degree with a minimum of 7 years relevant experience in Project Management or relevant area or Master’s degree with a minimum of 5 years relevant experience.
- Role Specific Experience: 5+ years of experience in IT project management. Experience & knowledge in SDLC, SCRUM/Agile methodologies are required.
- PMP certification is required
- Experience working with multi-function project teams including Developers, Business Analysts, and QA Personnel.
- Team player who works well with technical and non-technical resources.
- Stays abreast of new technology trends in project management area, and the broader IT industry.
- Excellent presentation and documentation skills.
- Strong interpersonal skills including, collaborating, and team building
- Strong analytical, planning, and organizational skills with an ability to manage competing demands.
- Solid understanding of and proven experience in using appropriate tools: Agile Project Management tools such as Jira/ Azure DevOps or equivalent.
- Excellent oral and written communications skills and experience interacting with both business and IT individuals.
- Creative approach to problem-solving with the ability to focus on details while maintaining the “big picture” view.
World Bank Group Core Competencies
We are proud to be an equal opportunity and inclusive employer with a dedicated and committed workforce, and do not discriminate based on gender, gender identity, religion, race, ethnicity, sexual orientation, or disability.
Learn more about working at the World Bank and IFC, including our values and inspiring stories.
Note: The selected candidate will be offered a one-year appointment, renewable for an additional one year, at the discretion of the World Bank Group, and subject to a lifetime maximum ET Appointment of two years. If an ET appointment ends before a full year, it is considered as a full year toward the lifetime maximum. Former and current ET staff who have completed all or any portion of their second-year ET appointment are not eligible for future ET appointments.