E T Consultant
Job #: req23522
Term Duration: 1 year 0 months
Recruitment Type: Local Recruitment
Location: New Delhi,India
Required Language(s): English
Preferred Language(s): Hindi
Closing Date: 7/26/2023 (MM/DD/YYYY) at 11:59pm UTC
The Multilateral Investment Guarantee Agency (MIGA) is a member of the World Bank Group, and our mission is to promote foreign direct investment into developing countries to help end extreme poverty and boost share prosperity. We do that through the provision of political risk insurance and credit enhancement to investors and lenders against losses caused by noncommercial risks. For more information, visit www.miga.org.
MIGA’s Regional Office in New Delhi, India is currently recruiting an Extended Term Consultant (ETC), to support MIGA South Asia’s activities including business development, relationship management with key clients and partners, and coordination of relationships with MIGA stakeholders including Government of India, World Bank, International Finance Corporation, other development partner agencies and private sector players in India and South Asia region. The ETC will also work closely with MIGA staff at HQ and in other regions. The position will be based in New Delhi, India supervised by the MIGA Head of South Asia.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Support relationship activities with clients and partners: provide reports as requested; prepare client pitch books and other marketing presentations; support client meetings and necessary follow-ups
- Conduct mapping of potential clients and partners for MIGA in India and South Asia region, including coordination with country and sector specific business development strategies
- Perform independent research on various topics across different sectors and countries, including preparation of briefing notes for senior management; background information and financial analysis of specific companies; trends in foreign direct investment (FDI); identification of business opportunities across sectors and regions
- Collect, analyze, and synthesize data from public and WBG sources for business development and project assessment
- Research and identify investor/sector conferences relevant for sectors and regions
- Prepare reports, presentations, talking points and minutes for the team and other groups in MIGA
- Assist in the underwriting of risk insurance and credit enhancement guarantees in various sectors and support team members on complex transactions with an emphasis on financial modeling and credit analysis
- Prepare sections of relevant reports (sector updates, sub-sector information, strategy documents, briefing notes, underwriting papers, etc.) and contribute to the formulation of conclusions and recommendations
- Liaise with counterparties to ascertain data quality in MIGA databases
- Coordinate follow- up as required with sponsors, financiers, and public sector counterparties involved in project specification, definition, bidding preparation, negotiation, awarding of contract and project implementation and monitoring
- Track status of projects at various stages in MIGA systems and provide regular updates
- Perform other duties as may be assigned by the MIGA Head of South Asia
- Master’s degree in international business administration, finance or engineering, or related field, plus a minimum of 5-7 years’ experience in project / export finance, investment banking, corporate finance and/or credit analysis work for a major bank/financial institution, management consulting firm, or trading company
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills and sound business judgment to identify issues and present creative and practical solutions
- Strong credit analysis and modeling skills
- Ability to work successfully in multicultural teams and across boundaries
- Demonstrated teamwork skills
- Strong client service orientation with an openness to feedback and new ideas
- Excellent interpersonal, presentation and communication skills (oral and written)
- Language requirements: English and Hindi
World Bank Group Core Competencies
We are proud to be an equal opportunity and inclusive employer with a dedicated and committed workforce, and do not discriminate based on gender, gender identity, religion, race, ethnicity, sexual orientation, or disability.
Learn more about working at the World Bank and IFC, including our values and inspiring stories.
Note: The selected candidate will be offered a one-year appointment, renewable at the discretion of the World Bank Group, and subject to a lifetime maximum ET appointment of three years. If an ET appointment ends before a full year, it is considered as a full year toward the lifetime maximum. Former and current ET staff who have completed all or any portion of their third-year ET appointment are not eligible for future ET appointments.